Induction in process - not hopeful

Angela49uk

Reaction score
So I came in for induction at 8am this morning. My cervix wasn't favourable, so been given a dose of gel and they will wait until tomorrow morning to assess me further. Because I've had a previous section, they will not be giving me a further dose of gel tomorrow. If I haven't progressed it will be another section, which I really wanted to avoid!

ve felt absolutely no effect from the gel yet and am feeling really disheartened by it all.

You may be suprised! I had just the gel, did lots of walking around the hospital gardens and went into labour the next morning!

Don't give up hope! I was induced via pessary, it didn't seem to have worked (no dilation, cervix thick and high etc) but then at midnight (I started induction at 10am) things just got going and I had DS 6 hours later! Hope things get going for you :)

Thanks for the re-assurance guys. Fingers crossed then xx

Good luck! I hope things get going for you!

lots of walking up and down stairs too apparently!! Good luck :D

lots of walking up and down stairs too apparently!! Good luck :D

Been walking up and down stairs / around hospital grounds A LOT today, beats sitting on a hospital ward :)

I have actually started getting some sort of tightenings, although completely irregular and not that painful. Fingers crossed! Xx

That's great....maybe things are moving along....good luck!

Oh don't give up hope yet! Both times I've been induced the gel seemed to be doing nothing then next thing wham, here's your baby lol good luck xx

I've been ordered not to eat anything after 6am and have been given pre-section meds tonight, so not looking great

Dont worry about that hun. They will just be planning for c section incase. If they dont tell you not to eat then if you do need a section they will have to delay it. They dont know until they assess you what going on in there. The gel only needs to soft your cervix enough for them to break waters. I had the pessary at 1cm and 7 hours later i was 2cm and they can break waters but i didnt feel any different in myself. good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->