Induction next week @ 37 weeks

Karenesque9

Reaction score
Well I've got pre-eclampsia and they're talking induction next week. I'm super excited to meet the little guy a bit early but now I'm nervous he won't be ready! March of Dimes is doing this big campaign over all the additional brain and lung developments that are still going on between 35 and 39 weeks! So I feel guilty for being so agreeable to inducing...

He should be OK, right? It's worse to try to keep him in longer if the pre-eclampsia might get really out of control, right?

I'm sure it's the best thing if it's what your Dr is suggesting. Little guy will be great and he'll need his mama to take care of him! GL :)

I'm going to be delivered at 37 weeks (if not before). The MFM has determined their risk in is worse than their risk out. Full term is considered 37-38 weeks anyway. With pre-e they would be MUCH safer out than in at that point. Really early you may want to wait if you're not that bad, but 37 weeks the baby will be perfectly fine. I wouldn't deliver that early for no reason, but your doctor has given you a clear medical reason.

37 weeks is fully baked i thought?
obviously if the chance is there they like to do em welldone til 40:haha:
but i would have thought u would be totally fine :)

they scheduled my section for 38+ a few so idont think u have to carry til 40 if u dont make it...

plus it would be much safer to have him at 37 than pre e get worse

GOODLUCK :D

Sorry to hear you have pe! I had pe with my girl and was induced at 38 weeks.
The risks for mum and baby are very big if you don't deliver the baby and you could develop hellp syndrome which is pretty dangerous. My daughter was just fine and at 37 weeks your baby will be just fine too :)
Good luck hunny

My son was born at 36+5. He was perfect. The only thing was he didn't pick up his sucking reflex as quick as other babies so he lost quiet a bit of weight within the first 4 days ! 10% of his birth weight, but he soon got the hang of it and never had any problems after that !
Good luck :flower:

I was scheduled for a 37 week delivery with my second based on my doctor's recommendation. They wanted to take her as soon as I reached full-term.

She came on her own at 36 weeks, no major issues.

Certainly your doctor sees it as necessary if that's what he has scheduled. Best of luck! :flower:

Thanks, I'm just fretting too much! My cervix is still closed, which is not going to take to an induction very well - anyone have a suggestion for helping to dilate/efface while on bedrest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->