Induction on Friday!

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
Hi..had a consultant appt this morning at 38 weeks, got an exam and although my cervix is still thick I'm 2cm dilated, he done a membrane sweep there and then and booked me in for induction on Friday. So getting admitted to hosp on Thursday at 2pm and thurs tea time they'll give me a pessary (some hormone) to help soften and dilate me, I may go into labour that night, and if not, I'll get my waters broken in the morning..and if there's still no joy..it's the IV drip..so excited..but blooming nervous!

Anyone got any induction stories? Or even successful sweeps?

Think it's finally sinking in that's it's real! Lol x

Hiya, ive just posted looking for induction stories too. Just found out today im being induced which is really not what i wanted and im totally freaking out.
To offer you some reassurance though i had a sweep with my first baby. I had it about 10pm on monday night, started contracting within a couple of hours and baby arrived at 0515 on the wednesday morning so was completely successful for me. Was really hoping it would all happen on its own this time though so am really disappointed! Hope all goes well for you xxx

Thanks! I've felt a little funny since the sweep, just tired and period like cramps..tbh, I'm scared I go into labour on my own before my induction now. Even though the thought of induction is even scarier lol..hope we get some positive replies! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->