Induction on no. 2 - what steps were taken?

GingerNut

Pregnant mum to Rosie
Reaction score
I'm probably going to be induced this time and I'm wondering if it'll be the same as last time. I could wait and ask my obs but she'd think I was mad to be asking this early :blush:

Last time I had the gel inserted a couple of times during the day, stayed in the hospital overnight, then had my waters broken and the drip started more or less simultaneously at about lunchtime the next day. She was born that night at 10:28.

Overall it was a grand experience, I'd be happy to do it again, but one aspect that I'd like to change if I could is the lack of sleep. I was in for 4 nights and 5 days and during that time I got a grand total of 8 hours sleep (yes, I counted!). I don't sleep well in hospitals and the wierdness of being in there to give birth didn't help! I was hallucinating with the tiredness by the time I went home.

I think I've read somewhere that you can skip the gel the second time round, so I'd be at home in my own lovely bed the night before the birth, which would be great, but I can't remember where I read it :dohh:

So has anyone any helpful stories for me?

Thanks (and sorry for blathering on!) :flower:

My second time they just put in the gel once, and that triggered labor. It went from a slight crampy feeling after insertion to full blown labor about 4 hours later. Three hours after that my baby was born. It went so much faster than my first time being induced, which went pretty much as you described yours as well. Good luck, and I hope your have a lovely pregnancy and delivery. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->