Induction set but hoping to get her to come on her own!

orangedaisy

Reaction score
So thanks to an antibody that doc doesn't want to push our luck with,(Could make baby anemic) I am scheduled for an induction next week. I'll be 38 weeks. Though I'd love to avoid forcing her and get her to come on her own before then! Taking suggestions lol. I've been going on walks and eating pineapple and spicy foods. I won't do the castor oil thing.

I feel like I could go into real labor at any time. Lots of BHs and cramps. Lots of pieces of plug. But was only 2cm and still 50% effaced. 1cm difference from last week.

Hi orangedaisy, I am in the same boat as you! 37 weeks and booked in for an induction on Monday 30th at 38 weeks!
I would love baby to come 'naturally' at the end of this week!
I am drinking raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil (both ways) curries, have some pineapple to start eating and if I can persuade my hubby will be DTD!!!

I haven't had any Braxton hicks, no loss of mucus plug and when I insert my evening primrose oil capsule cannot even get near my cervix it must be so high up!
I don't think it's going to happen for me but I am wishing u loads of luck!!!
:flower:

Following!

My doctor will be inducing at 38w2d (Friday April 10th).
I was planning on trying some natural induction methods in the week prior too... I would like the least amount of medication intervention possible!

I've heard nipple stimulation, evening primrose oil, & raspberry leaf tea can really work.

With my daughter I would have been induced at 40w 2d, but she came 39w 6d. At 39w 2d I was 80% effaced and 4cm. I was determined for her to come on her own. We DTD nearly every day and I walked a lot. I think the walking is what helped start labor for us at 39w 5d in the evening.

Even if you have to be induced you're starting off in a good position seeing as you're already dilated a little bit, they might even be able to break you're waters when you go in so it shouldn't take too long to get you into labour.

Just to give you a bit of hope! My 1st daughter was born at 38+5 and I went into labour the day of scheduled induction and my second daughter was due to be induced at 39 weeks and I again went naturally, she was born at 37+2! (Inductions due to APS blood clotting disorder)

Lots of walking and sex!

Good luck x

Another story here! I was to be induced at 37 weeks with my little guy. Hospital ended up being swamped so it was pushed back a day, thankfully, because I went into labor on my own that morning! 3 days prior I had been 2 cm, I had no other signs at all it was coming. My first contraction woke me up at 5:30 am and I was at the hospital 2 hours later in active labor and 4 cm. He arrived 9 hours later! I didn't do anything special to bring on labor though - he just knew it was time I guess!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->