induction story of my little man 07/09/11

kimberalex

Reaction score
Hi ladies and bumps,

Havent been on for a few days as my little man came 10 days ago he was 2 weeks early as I had to be induced with SPD and GD! and hes perfect!

I was taken in on the 6th of September at the RVI in Newcastle upon Tyne arrived a bit late and ended up in tears at the prospective of having to sit and wait for hours...but thank goodness they found me a bed on the VERY small induction ward!

I wasn't effaced or dilated at all but at 38+2 they didn't expect me too...had to be monitored then they gave me the pessary which was quite painful when your cervix isn't favorable......which started off some mild contractions (bit like period pain starting in the back going to the front)..I was left on the ward for 6 hours to see if it would have effect but was explained that because this was my second pregnancy I would only be allowed 2 pessaries...not 3 like with your first....
Unfortunately was stuck on a ward with some super annoying women and their partners

When it was time to check again I hadn't dialted enough so had to have another pessary (again hurt) which brought on some stronger contractions...left until 5 in the morning to be checked again...Which by then I was sick of my life as someone else was brought in and her husband refused to leave so got no sleep due to them jabbering... fortunately for me though she broke my waters to her and my surprise was a LOT and wasnt painful just quite uncomfortable!

So after about an hour (6am)the lovely midwife (she was so sweet I just wanted to cuddle her) said they were transferring me to the delivery suite as she could tell the contractions were coming on fast!

I was transferred and taken down to the room waited for my OH and doula coming...I just remember the smell of the amniotic fluid and it was making me reach along with the smells of the hospital...I had a midwife change and got a FANTASTIC midwife she was all for natural labour brought in a mat and bean bag but was finding being upright leaning on the bed the only thing that eased it...

she DID go through my birth plan with me so knew exactly what I wanted and knew what a horrible experience I had with my first labour...She left me to labour for 4 hours on my own knowing how much i didnt want to go on the drip but had only dilated to 1cm..So told me I would have to go on the drip....

Not something thats great when you have a needle phobia so I was given some Emla cream which helped a LOT! I was hooked up to the IV and monitor to monitor baby's heartbeat...My contractions came on stronger and faster the more upright I was...I had some entinox and it is AMAZING stuff and had a LOT of help from the doula who helped to keep my head together when I started freaking out a bit...She knew exactly what I wanted I tried some lavender but it smelled like wd40 to me so managed with the gas and air...

My son was lying in a VERY awkward position as he didnt have the time to move round and down properly so at 3cm felt like I had to push...I was sick a LOT and then I really did have to push! and out he came after 2 hours of labour and 7 mins of pushing....i had asked for dia morphine and was given it but didnt have the chance for it to take effect...so the gas and air was enough! The drip got up to 4.8...then managed to rip the iv out of my hand OUCH!

He came out was placed on me then taken for a bit of oxygen and he was a bit shocked at being born fast and early! Breastfed as soon as he was put on me and hasn't stopped since!!!

Any ladies being induced don't be scared I had a non induced birth with my daughter so only knew it was more painful as i had experienced it normally last time...But I had a WAY more positive experience this time have bonded WAY better it helps a LOT to have brilliant support during labour and my midwife, doula and OH were just perfect...No stitches needed (I did use mothercares perinium gel in both my pregnancies so think this helped a lot)

He came out 6lb12oz at 2.27 on the 7th of September..breastfeeding brill and his big sister dotes on him..cannot recommend RVI newcastle enough they have been fantastic!! Lovely staff! also had brilliant breastfeeding support!

Now miss my bump LOADS but lush to have my little man here SPD was very painful...Sorry for the long story and wont post just after birth pictures as when i ripped out the IV doesn't look the best!!

Wish all you third trimester ladies the very best thank you for all the support you have given over the months! Enjoy your pregnancies and bumps (I know easier said than done)

Best wishes and sorry for the LONG birth story

Congrats! I'm glad to hear it went well, and you are all doing good now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->