induction - ***update**

Angela49uk

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced prostin pains with induction? I've been having what feels like quite strong contractions since 11pm, and they are coming every 2-3,minutes, lasting 30-45seconds?

Did you progress much with these pains?

UPDATE: Since the gel was inserted, I've continued having contractions. They have howvever got regular, at aprox 7 mins apart. They r quite painful and take my breathe away, but are manageable. Things haven't changed or progressed in 24 hours, so if nothing has changed by the morning, I will be having a c-section. I was hoping to avoid this, but it just seems my body doesn't want to do it.

Do mean pain from just the suppositories? I didn't have any pain until they inserted the last dose of Cytotec. I then started getting "cramps" which weren't all that painful, more uncomfortable than anything. I delivered 2 hours after the "cramps" started from 2cm when they inserted it.

Yes, I had a gel inserted at approx 12 today and the midwife referred to them as prostin pains xx

When I was induced I had the suppositories, a few hours later was getting really strong pains so curled up In a little ball in the bed an accepted cocodomol, it completely knocked me out and woke up with no pains and back to square one! I say keep active! And hopefully they will pick up!

Yep keep active!! Thats how mine all kicked off into proper labour! Good luck!

I had the pains immediately after getting the gel inserted and gave birth 18 hours later. Good luck! :)

I had the gel at 10am, was having contractions all day and gave birth at 11pm that night. I believe I was already in labour by myself as I had some contractions before they put the prostin in. My point is the midwives kept saying oh they're prostin pains, they weren't they were contractions and they didn't realise I was dilating. At 10cm dilated I was still sat on the maternity ward. If you think they're contractions insist on being checked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->