Induction vs. C-section

Jezzielin

Reaction score
Just wondering, my OB is looking at the options of induction and while I wanted as natural of a birth as possible - I said no. She asked me, "Well do you want a C-section?". Honestly, I don't. I would rather give labor a shot but made me think:

For you ladies out there wanting a natural birth - are you willing to go to C-section or would you eventually get induced if you had to? Would you only opt for that if you were way overdue? Just wondering the opinions out there! My OB says there is still plenty of time but she is surprised for the hours I work on my feet that I am still high, closed and haven't dropped yet.

I wanted a natural birth, but I ended up needing to be induced for medical reasons (I'd had pre-eclampsia from 31 weeks, and it had become a risk). I consented to the induction, because it was the best choice for me. I was given cervidil (an IUD type of thing) to ripen my cervix, which was to stay in place for 12 hours. After four hours they had to remove it because I was having contractions, and from there, I was able to have a fantastic birth with no complications or tearing. I was SO pleased with my LO. I would definitely never have opted for a c-section over my experience. Obviously everyone has a different experience with child birth, but I'd rather be induced.

Good luck. :flow:

I wouldn't choose either without a medical reason. If I was overdue by a lot - more than a couple of weeks - I'd still opt for monitoring over either surgery or induction.

I would also choose to be monitored. I would need a medical reason before being induced or having a c-section, e.g. babe or me suffering. If all was still fine I would continue to be monitored and wait for LO to start birth him or herself.

Why is she discussing induction with you at 36 weeks? You still have another 6 weeks before your classed as overdue :S

Im confused. - what is the reason they want to induce or give you a c section? when is she thinking of inducing you?

I had an emergency c section and I WOULD AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS IF I COULD.

I am having a sweep at 39 weeks because I had a previous cestion and i want the best chance of labouring. otherwise i wouldnt be induced till 42 weeks.

Why is she discussing induction with you at 36 weeks? You still have another 6 weeks before your classed as overdue :S

Im wondering the same... bizzare that its even come up unless theres something medical x

I wouldn't do either unless there was a real medical reason to do so.

Women work in the fields all day and still easily go to 42 weeks...!

I would really be concered about a doctor talking about this so soon, my midwife did not even bring it up until 41 weeks and that was just to talk about monitoring. Is there a medical reason for this?

If you want a natural birth I can assure you NO to an induction because it makes it far harder (I've had both an unmedicated natural birth and a Pitocin induction)

And my 2nd was a natural labour at 42 weeks, not even a first time mom, you are only 36 weeks and FTM right?, I'm shocked!!

I had an induction that ended in an emcs. I would never again consent to induction and rather have a straight section if the need to choose arose. I'm shocked that your doctor is discussing this with you so early, the earliest induction is spoken of in the UK is 41+6 and even then you can opt for monitoring. You do have choices, it isn't one or the other!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->