inexperienced ttc looking for mentor

dsbeH

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have been married for a year and ttc but after reading all these forums of people who really seem to know the steps of this process, I still feel a little lost. Anyone out there who can give me some tips? I've tried clomid 3 times and want to do IUI but not sure if it's too early to skip to that step. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Have you tried opk's (ovulation predictor kits) these are great at timing:sex: around ovulation as they tell you when your about to ovulate using LH hormones detected in your urine, very important as there is only a window of 6 or so days a month you can actually conceive!

also charting your bbt (take your temp each morning when you wake up) this should produce a pattern when put onto a chart and tell you quite accurately after you have ovulated with a dip followed by a big rise in temperature ( i recommend Fertilityfriend.com for this, they also give you many other features like a fertility chart etc)

Hope this helps
any other questions feel free to ask! :thumbup:

thanks so much. I have tried OPKs but something i still dont get is whether you are supposed to BD every day once you see the smile, every other day, or more than once a day?

thanks so much. I have tried OPKs but something i still dont get is whether you are supposed to BD every day once you see the smile, every other day, or more than once a day?

When you get a +opk it means you will likely Ovulate in the next 24-36 hours... then that is when eggy is released and it will live for a further 24-48 hours...

So they say for :spermy: to reach and fertilise you should...

:sex: 4 or 5 days BEFORE you see a + on the DAY OF and 1DPO (after) Phew no wonder people miss their 'window' of opportunity hey!
as it is literally less than one week each month you even have a chance of conceiving!!!

So basically the more :sex: you do during that time the better chances, and unless your partner has low sperm count more than once a day is fine!

Hope this helps hon and all the best!! anymore questions dont hesitate to ask :thumbup:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1314853200z0z41z14.png

thanks again! is there anything thats good or bad to eat/drink (besides alcohol of course) that could help chances?

I have just copied and pasted this from the net, didn't actually write it, :haha: wish i did now tho! what i actually have heard is...

Soft cheeses, under cooked chicken or eggs, they say even deli meat chicken and other processed meats, also pat'e but thats more for when you are actually pregnant. So found this great link...:flower:

Unfriendly Foods for Fertility

Trying to conceive is, in a lot of ways, all about the little things. From timing the baby dance to counting days in between your periods, getting pregnant can be full of details. Taking the right vitamin or herbal supplements and eating fertility friendly foods are just some of the components to successfully becoming pregnant.

On the other side of things, though, there are foods to avoid. These foods aren’t necessarily harmful or unhealthy, the just can delay you from getting pregnant or even keep you from getting pregnant altogether.

Here are five of the most unfriendly foods for fertility:

1. Peas. There is a natural chemical in peas known as m-xylohydroquinone that may keep you from getting pregnant. Research on peas goes back as far as the 1950s. There is even research ongoing about how peas could be used as a natural contraceptive.

2. Soy. Soybeans contain the plant version of estrogen, known as phytoestrogens. In fact, the extra estrogen provided by soy products can be enough to create a hormone imbalance. This can affect the production of eggs, as well as ovulation. Watch out for soy in unexpected places, such as flour, oils and milk.

3. Processed meats. Most processed meats, such as hot dogs and lunch meats, contain nitrates. These nitrates act as a preservative, and can interfere with fertility. Nitrates have a controversial history, and have been thought to cause a variety of health problems. While many nitrate-related problems have been dispelled as myths and most processed meats now contain much smaller amounts of nitrates than in the past, there is still enough to interfere with fertility.

4. Calcium-depleting foods. Good examples of these kinds of food include spinach and peanut butter. These foods sap your body of calcium. Your body needs that calcium to help your baby develop.

5. High-sugar foods. Pop, candy or even high-sugar fruit drinks all can contribute to low levels of blood sugar. This can severely interfere with your reproductive hormones. Chocolate and pop both typically contain the added element of containing caffeine, which reduces the risk of conception, as well.

uh oh! i hope i didn't hurt my chances, im a coffee addict and definitely been guilty of eating/drinking high sugared stuff. thanks for sending this.

I love my coffee too, will have about 2 cups a day, don't really think thats bad either i think a lot of people read to much into things too. I mean theres prepared and theres paranoid if you know what i mean! :winkwink:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1314853200z0z41z12.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->