Infacol

k8y

Reaction score
My health visitor has suggested using infacol for Martha. It says use it before feeds. What happens when she is cluster feeding. How often should I use it then.
Also I have some gripe water, If it gets really bad, can I use this with the infacol?

Hi! I've been using infacol and when she cluster feeds I give it about every hour as thats what the HV recommended. Not sure about gripe water though. Hope that helps! x

Hi! I've been using infacol and when she cluster feeds I give it about every hour as thats what the HV recommended. Not sure about gripe water though. Hope that helps! x

Thank you Ali. xx She was sooo bad last night, she was in so much discomfort bless her.. She went to sleep soundly finally at 2 oclock. Hope the infacol can giver a more restful night. Its so hard not being able to help her.

We don't have Infacol here but is that the gas drops that has the active ingredient Simethicone?

It is called Mylicon here.
My instructions are:
0.3 mL (containing 20 mg Simethicone)

Its says before or after meals, or as needed up to 12 times per day.

I would personally use dentinox instead; it doesn't need to be given before very feed to work well as infacol does, some ladies say the amount recommended of dentinox is a bit more than infacol and too much for their baby-if you find this to be the case then just give a half dose xx

I would personally use dentinox instead; it doesn't need to be given before very feed to work well as infacol does, some ladies say the amount recommended of dentinox is a bit more than infacol and too much for their baby-if you find this to be the case then just give a half dose xx

I tried Dentinox and it was so thick and strong tasting she screamed when I tried to give it to her and really gagged on it and kept smacking her lips together after, and it didnt seem to make a difference :( Iv tried infacol this afternoon and she seemed to take it more easily. Thanks for your advice though. I apriciate your answer :)

We don't have Infacol here but is that the gas drops that has the active ingredient Simethicone?

It is called Mylicon here.
My instructions are:
0.3 mL (containing 20 mg Simethicone)

Its says before or after meals, or as needed up to 12 times per day.

Yeah think it must be similar - mine says simeticone 40mg/ml its orange flavoured.

one full dropper 0.5mls given before each feed. if necessary increase to two droppers.

I think Ill do what NOTJUSTYET said and do it every hour during the cluster feeding. :)

Thank you for your reply. :flower:

Infacol is now my new best friend.... She went back to her sleeping 4 hourly through the night last night... * sigh of relief * she seemed so much more settled. Suppose I shouldnt count my chickens yet though !

Ok, think it must have been a one off... awake again last night till 3am little bugger.

That happened with me, we had a really good night then 2 bad ones then last night was fantastic (only up once from 10-5). We used infacol all day then gripe water in her last feed (a bottle of EBM), then put a pillow under her mattress so she was sleeping on a slope. I'm hoping this isn't another one off! We'll be trying to recreate it again tonight.

good luck, Martha was ok again last night. 4 hour stretches, I just cant work out what it is. Im thinking it might be baked beans lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->