Infant milestones

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by LauraLu, Nov 13, 2011.

1. LauraLu

LauraLu Well-Known Member

I cannot remember for the life of me when my older daughter started, so I'll ask here.

When do most infants start recognizing simple body parts like eyes, ears, nose, etc.? When could your babies point to them accurately?

Thanks!

**I also posted this in the baby forum with no responses...hopefully someone can help me out! :flower:

2. oct-bump

oct-bump Well-Known Member

somewhere around 1 yr to 15 months my lo started pointing out nose, eyes, and ears when asked to.

i didnt know that a milestone.xx

3. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

My daughter has known NOSE for a few months, but only learnt EAR, EYES, MOUTH etc recently, and points to them. Over the last few days she's been able to point out her HEAD, HAIR, HANDS, and FEET as well. She can't say them all yet.

She's 18m

4. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

These are the rough ages Zachary started naming body parts, I haven't noted when he merely pointed at them sadly:

toes, belly - 15 months
    nose, teeth - 16 months

When Nina and the Neurons starts, he flexes his fingers at the appropriate part of the song and sticks his tongue out too. He's done this since around 14 months.

5. LoveleeB

LoveleeB Well-Known Member

6. Jchihuahua

Jchihuahua Mummy to 3

About 15 months was when she really took interest. Now at 22 months she knows all of the parts of her body, even things like nostrils.

7. pinktaffy

pinktaffy Well-Known Member

about 12 months she started being able 2 say body parts b4 that she could point out were eyes and nose was.

she now know head her shoulder belly her knees eyes ears feet toes fingers mouth and bum so she basicaly knows all the basic body parts. she is obbsessed with her belly and makes u show your belly lol.

8. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

Zachary does this too! If you ask where his belly is he will show you, but then you have to show yours too! :haha:

9. muddles

muddles Mummy of 2.

Around 17 months he started pointing out body parts (as he loves the song head, shoulders, knees and toes). His favourite body part is his nose, as he loves putting his finger right up there, looking at me and laughing. There are many things I

10. cutie4evr01

cutie4evr01 Well-Known Member

My daughter could point out nearly all of the body parts at about 13 months and her pediatrician said this was quite early, but only has started naming them herself in the past month or so (she's 22 months now).

11. hattiehippo

hattiehippo Well-Known Member

Tom could point to eyes, nose, ears at around 16 months and now at nearly 23 months knows most of his body parts and can name them including 'weeeee' for his willy!

12. lauren28

lauren28 Well-Known Member

From about 13 months, Leah could point to her nose when asked. Now at 17 months she can point to her nose, head, eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, foot, hand and tummy.

13. xxEMZxx

xxEMZxx Guest

About 15 months he started with nose, ears and feet. He now also knows toes and belly. x

14. mum22ttc#3

mum22ttc#3 Mum of 3

Lo started being able to point out body parts at around 11 months, she started of with her mouth but can now point out hair, head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, hands, belly, bum and feet. :flower: