Infertility Insurance in the U.S.?

LadyBee

PQ and CT miracle boys
Reaction score
Hello everyone...
Anyone know of this option? I have researched it a little bit and I see that there are options to have a REFUND if IVF or IUI doesn't work??

Also wanted to say, officially..."Hello" because I will be consulting with my new LTTTC buddies henceforth! :hug:
:dust: and good thoughts for all~~

Hi Ladybee!, Welcome and I hope you won't be here long.
The US insurance groups offer little to no options for IVF help this that I have yet found. It's like they think we're getting our boobs lifted or a nose job. It really pisses me off.
I did get assistance, however, from my insurance for a few tries with IUI. My doc may have classified it as something that she knew would qualify for coverage.xx

I have only yet begun to research it, but my insurance is crap at being helpful. I think I'm going to switch it alltogether!

I have Oxford Freedom, if you want to call them and see.

Good luck! xx

Hi LadyBee, some states require that health insurance cover infertility treatments. My husband's company is based out of Massachusetts and they covered my IVF cycle and meds. You can probably do a search on which states that does. If you don't live in those states, then a lot of the infertility clinics offer the refundable cycle but you have to qualify first. They are not going to do a refundable cycle for someone who is 45 years old. I think you still have to pay for meds though I think.

I think it does depend on the insurance company. I have a primary insurance (GHI) and a secondary (oxford freedom) through my husband. Both seem to have some coverage for IVF (have you checked reallyready, I do think that oxford freedom has a monetary limit of coverage for IVF, but I think it covers 1-2 rounds), but neither have coverage for meds. They both cover IUI and all of the ultrasounds, etc. The meds can be really expensive I've heard- somewhere around $3000.
It is so difficult to get a straight answer out of insurance companies! When I called, they just gave me a list of medical codes that are covered with no mention of whether that's reimbursement or needs to be authorized...

Both seem to have some coverage for IVF (have you checked reallyready, I do think that oxford freedom has a monetary limit of coverage for IVF, but I think it covers 1-2 rounds), but neither have coverage for meds....

Hi Bklyn, I'm sorry you got another BFN but since you are dpo 13 and your temps are still up, that's good, right? I seem to remember your saying your temps drop sooner in previous cycles so perhaps the clomid is helping somewhat? Or am I mistaken. I'm x'ing fingers your AF doesn't show.

I also got BFN this a.m. Wha wha wha, I'm hanging on that my temp hasn't dropped but just by a thin thread. Somehow once AF arrives I reset into a fairly good space, but this VOID of no AF and BFNs really stinks!

I did call Oxford back when we started to try at the beginning to see what all the options were going to be for us. Was looking into it right away because was 38 then and concerned about the odds against me. Maybe I got a dud agent! I'll def. call them up again, thanks!

Will check in with you again tomorrow.
xxx
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23ed9e

Hi-
I just called my insurance company about this- Oxford Freedom.

reallyready, this is the website they referred me to:

https://www.oxhp.com/secure/policy/ny_small_infertility_109.html

apparently, oxford should cover IVF expenses up to $10,000 per lifetime. But there is somewhere in the fine print that you have to have a large group commercial plan so it may be that smaller groups don't have the coverage.

I was curious about this too. I think I had heard about it on the radio a plan where u can try and if it doesnt work you get a refund. My insurance sucks and wont even cover fertility meds or scans. I have to out of pocket everything. Luckly while my doc was in there removing my tube from my ectopic she went ahead and checked everything out. Even ran die through my good tube because they wont even cover a stinking dye test.

My friend had sent me a link to this website where she had purchased some kind of insurance for her IVF.. not sure of all the details. My health insurance covers NO infertility stuff :(

https://www.arcfertility.com/

I live in MA so they have to cover IF treatment. I had BCBS for my first cycle and now have Tufts. Both companies approved me for 2 cycles. All I had to pay was the deducible and copay for the meds.

I live in MA so they have to cover IF treatment. I had BCBS for my first cycle and now have Tufts. Both companies approved me for 2 cycles. All I had to pay was the deducible and copay for the meds.

BCBS approved 2 cycles?!? I have Blue options.....Florida is very strange with insurance anyway...

Hmmm...I am quite curious now! Haven't had time to persue this issue yet :grr:.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->