• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Infertility testing

akcher

Mom to twins!
Reaction score
I just spoke to my doctor about not ovulating regularly. I only ovulated once during my last 5 cycles. She told me that even though I haven't started TTC for too long (3 months) she is recommending that I go through infertility testing. So far I only had progesterone testing to see if I ovulated. Through my charting and my clearblue easy fertility montior I have pretty good record of what has been happening of my last 5 cycles. I'm wondering what else I should be recording. I'm just pretty sad and down now :cry:. I thought that my cycle would be normal after I lost 30 lbs. Well last month it was normal. I would love to hear your experiences on infertility testing and what to expect when I go have mine done. I really love this forum for being here when I need support or to have a shoulder to cry on. :cry:

:hugs:

The first thing i got tested with was the progesterone levels and normal hormone levels.
You should get Hormone levels checked as they may indicate of any problems like PCOS.

After then it depends on what your results show, the options i had were if i didnt ovulate then to try clomid and if i did then go onto further testing like a laparoscopy.

I had two sets of prgesterone tests done, the first showed no ovulationb ut the second set did so im being treated as ovulating and now awaiting a date for a laparoscopy.

Since I didn't ovulate this cycle my AF is a show. Hopefully she will come and I can TTC again.

I hate cycles like there, heres hoping she shows up soon.

We'd been trying for around 3 months when I started to use OPK's. First month, no O, every month after I O'ed. Then I got a blood test done and progesterone was normal and I had O'ed on that month. Just before we started trying I went to my doctor and she gave me a checkup and did bloods and things to make sure everything with me was ok and to get the go ahead to safely and healthily TTC.

6 months on and still nothing, so we got DH's sperm tested and we found the problem there.

So if OPK's are telling you that you do O most months, then request a blood test to see if you have O'ed and what your progesterone level was at. They normally request the test to be done on CD 21. You could also ask for other things to be checked that might affect you not falling preg. But as you probably know, they do say it takes most couples 6-12 months to fall preg, but we all know that even after a month or 2 without a BFP it gets really hard!

If all that is ok, then I would suggest you get OH tested as it is much less invasive than female testing.

Please let us know how you get on, i'll be thinking of you and I have my fingers crossed that everything is normal and your BFP is just around the corner :hugs:

Thank you for your thoughts. I have been charting for the last 5 cycles and I unfortunately do not ovulate regularly. I only ovulated once (2 cycles ago). I am currently on CD40 and still no sign of AF. I am waiting for an appoitment to do some infertility testing now. Hopefully they and induce ovulation and make my cycles regular. Good luck with your BFP, hopefully our wishes of a BFP will come true from Christmas.

Best of luck to all you lovely ladies!! I had a scare earlier this summer with no AF showing up for almost 3 months. It was a horrible feeling to go through. I stopped taking bcp Sept 2006 and this happened late June 2007. Weird. I just started using opks to test when I do ovulate, if I do ovulate. My cycles just started to become regular so I am just waiting and ready. I hope WE ALL get :bfp::bfp: for the Holiday!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->