Inflamed and lumpy nose piercing

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
DH got his nose pierced about 1 month ago with a hoop and just recently he found out that it should have originally been pierced with a stud!

We have removed the hoop and now put in a stud but the piercing is so swollen and inflamed and has a lump on the outside and quite a large lump on the inside.

He is going to bathe it in salt water twice a day and has some alcohol wipes to also clean it.

I recommended him wear a plaster while at work as he is an electrical and often has to work in some dusty places, so just to keep it clean really.

Anything else to help it heal better and reduce the lumps?

DH got his nose pierced about 1 month ago with a hoop and just recently he found out that it should have originally been pierced with a stud!

We have removed the hoop and now put in a stud but the piercing is so swollen and inflamed and has a lump on the outside and quite a large lump on the inside.

He is going to bathe it in salt water twice a day and has some alcohol wipes to also clean it.

I recommended him wear a plaster while at work as he is an electrical and often has to work in some dusty places, so just to keep it clean really.

Anything else to help it heal better and reduce the lumps?

The best thing to do is to take it out entirely I'm afraid. I had my nose pierced some years ago and had the same thing happen to me. After a visit to the doctor, she advised me that the infection wouldn't heal until the piercing was taken out. She also said that it would cause permanent scarring if I left it in any longer. I took it out, it healed and then I had it re-pierced 6 months later and it was fine. Hope this helps :)

Ooooh, I have a little bump next to my nose piercing too..

Hope I don't have to take it out :(

Hope your DH heals soon xxx

I got my nose pierced with a hoop in a very good piercing shop and it was absolutely fine! I think bathing it with salt water will probably help a lot - I wouldn't take it out before going to a piercer as it can cause an abscess. Maybe buy some steriliser spray to ensure that he is cleaning it thoroughly without actually using his hands and DONT TOUCH IT!

Id advise against alcohol wipes to be honest. Sea salt mixed in boiled warm water healed mine. Id also advise against taking an infected piercing out as it could seal infection in..it happened to one of my eyebrow piercings and my god that hurt ..I had to burst an assess on my face :(

A bump on it sounds like a blow out...how was it pierced? Was the stud you put in sterilised cos im not sure it would have been healed after 4 weeks. My nose was done nearly 8 years ago can't remember lol

Dont take it out! You need to clear the infection first or he risks the hole closing over trapping the infection inside.

Try hot compresses as many times a day as he can do. Hot water and salt onto a tissue and hold it to the piercing.

dont take it out!
hot compresses & salt water compresses are good.
a cold camomile (sp?) tea bag pressed against it will help.
also try TCP on cotton wool.
like others have said dont touch it & try & keep it uncovered so it can get some air but it needs to be kept clean especially if he works around dust etc..
was it done with a gun or a needle? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"