Info you may find usefull re formula

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post this as I had many dr's appts & asked HV regarding the amount of milk Noah was bring back up....

Since Noah's been born he's always had quite a big appitite and guzzles his milk. I started to notice he was being quite sickly and bringing lots of milk and also a watery substance back up?

I spoke to my HV who assured me it was normal and it would get better. It never got better so I spoke to the Doctor as I thought he may have had a reflux because the milk just didn't seem to settle, he asked the Health Visitor to come and see me (whilst I was in the surg) as I was very concerned, although he spoke to me like I was stupid!
Noahs bibs we're soaked through after every feed and his top & vest had to be changed every feed!
The HV weighed him and said so long as he wasn't losing weight it was fine. I mentioned changing his milk as maybe it didn't agree with him, she told me not to as she said that would upset him more, she said he was just overfilling himself! She convinced me it was normal and not to worry!?

Things wern't getting better and I thought there was no point ringing the health visitor as she had already told me it was normal and the doctors just talk to you like your stupid.........

I changed his milk last week, he was on Cow & Gate premium and I change to the Comfort and from the first feed he was 100% better! We've had dry bibs, no sick and not had to change his clothes!

I just wanted to post this as I'd never had a baby before so I wasn't sure what to expect and what was normal and not!

All I'm saying is Health Visitors & Doctors don't know your baby, you do. If you think something is not right or want to change something then do it. I wished I'd have changed his milk at the beginning but I was advised not to, I felt like I'd be in the wrong & a bad mum by going against what the "professionals" say!

Sod em!!!!

We've just changed from SMA gold to cow and gate because of the same thing! Her last 3 bottles shes not been sick just on her third a tiny bit came up. Seem MrsE mention the comfort so will move onto that if it starts again but will defo give teh change a chance :D

An yip my Aunt said today "do it your way & you know best" :D

Robs sister went against the HV aswell with formula. Seems they dont always know best after all

Im changing from Cow & gate today. I'm going to opt for Hipp Aptamil or Farleys, cant deceide at present but I dont think the Cow and Gate agree's with my LO. I think this is where the problem may lie and if im wrong then its back to the drawing board but ive tried every thing so far

Infacol
Size 2 slow flow teats
Dr Browns bottles
Cooled boiled water
winding for a while before feeds and plenty of winding after.

So im hoping this is the way forward. X

Yay glad he seems better :hugs:

We had exactly the same problem, LO was sick after and during feeds, sometimes projectiles. But we also had constiptation to deal with too.
HV was next to useless Dr didn't want to know.

We tried Cow and Gate premium and the first few feeds were great then it started happening again but because of the prebiotics that weren't in SMA his poo's were great now.
So we changed to Cow & Gate Comfort and he's still sick but not as much.
Now the bibs get soaked with drool lol.

And the clear stuff after a feed is perfectly normal, baby's body takes all the nutrients and spits the clear stuff out as leftovers not needed,

It may be worth changing teats too, we were on Tommee Tippee size 1 (slow flow) but changed to Size 2 (medium flow) at the time we changed to Comfort. The comfort milk is a lot thicker than the premium milk and bubs may struggle and get tired trying to suck from a smaller teat.

Sorry I'm waffling lol.

Cx

And the clear stuff after a feed is perfectly normal, baby's body takes all the nutrients and spits the clear stuff out as leftovers not needed,

Thanks for that........I asked the doctor and the HV who said it was fine but never actually told me why it was!

It may be worth changing teats too, we were on Tommee Tippee size 1 (slow flow) but changed to Size 2 (medium flow) at the time we changed to Comfort. The comfort milk is a lot thicker than the premium milk and bubs may struggle and get tired trying to suck from a smaller teat. Cx

We've always used med flow teets. I remember asking my midwife before I was buying the bottles about diff teets and she just said to go with med flow. She seemed to think diff flow teets were all money making scams..........So I just got med flow!

Yey for C&G Comfort.......:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->