Information about hynobirthing

jollymum

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I am after some advice and was wondering if anyone could help me.
I'm currently 32 weeks pg with my first baby and am starting to think more and more about the type of labour I would like. I always thought I would just want whatever drugs were available when the time came, but the closer it gets the more I'm thinking about a natural birth and avoiding drugs altogether.
I've seen a lot in the press/on tv recently about hypnobirthing and am very interested in giving it a try. However, I have no idea where to start with this so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? Are there any books etc you can recommend? I would also be interested in hearing what experiences others have with this technique? Also, do I have enough time to prepare for this if I decide it is what I want to do?

Sorry for the barage of questions, as I say I don't know very much about this at all :shrug:
Thankyou!
Xxx

Cheapest way, just to see if it is for you, (rather than signing up to courses or buying CDs), is to get to your local library and ask for Hypnobirthing books

One of the orginators was Marie Mongan, Hypnobirthing, Published by Souvenir press.
You can ask for an inter-library loan if your council doesn't have it, that will only cost you under £2.00.
Link to this book on amazon;

Thanks, I hadnt even thought about going to the library. Will have a look! X

Yes you definitely have plenty of time! Have a look for the book/CD at the library or they sometimes come up second hand on eBay too. There is also Natal Hypnotherapy and there's a thread on here about a home study course too. They all tap in to the same philosophy :)

I used the natal hypnotherapy cds last time and I found they really helped during labour - there is a music cd for labour, which is the background music from the hypno cd (which you listen to whilst pregnant). I found it helped me to stay focused and work through the contractions, not to mention kept me calm! I would recommend it :)

I was most interested in using it to keep calm so its great to hear from people it has worked for :thumbup: The more I look into it the more I want to try it.

I don't know much about natal hypnotherapy though so thats something else I'll look in to!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"