Injections

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
I'm Curious to know how your LO was given his/hers first 3 lots of injections....?

At my doctors surgery they make me sit with her on my lap facing outwards with both her legs bare. Then they crouch down either side each with a needle and count to 3 then jab her at the same time.

They don't even clean her up afterwards and she always bleeds loads and obviously the screaming is awful, gets me every time.

Is this procedure normal? It seems a little brutal to me....

x

thats what they did when i took her :-/
straight after they rushed us out

I can't tell you,Lola's are next week! :argh:

Poor babies :cry: it does seem brutal.

I have to take Liv on Tues....am dreading it!!! I think I may cry never mind her!! x

Mines was done one leg then the other, while I was holding him then straight out the door with a bit of cotton wool to sort him out in the waiting room. It's really busy in my doctor's though and we see the HV beforehand so any questions etc I ask at that point and with the paed it's just in -injections -out.

How terrible is this?? I actually asked them to do the injections at the same time as Grace stops crying from one and then I have to turn her round for the next one! Poor little chicken hates it!

Not looking forward to the next one though - 3 of the damn things!

xx xx

I have always hated having to have their injections done, i get really emotional when my little ones are hurting and hate them getting all upset :(

Our health visitor does ours and they do one leg and then do the other :(

ours were like that. i think they have too many at one time.

Oh im dreading when its time for Tyes, I dont want to see him cry! :(

Its does seem to be standard practise. The annoying thing was last week we were late at being called in but the doctors was completely empty and there was no-one in before us. We were literally being pushed out the door before i had even put her bottoms back on.

I guess the nurses just really hate their job, can't blame them really.

it is very brutal, the screaming doesn't seem to affect them in any way, does it?!

When Grace had her, they were done in her bottom (one in either cheek). It was much better as i got to cuddle her and i think it was much less painful for her to have them there.
If you want them to do it differently, tell Them. Now Grace is older they do them in the arm, i don't agree with this and i request she has them done in her legs as they are alot more 'fatty' and so less painful x

didn't realise you could request where they got the injections thanks for that info, i will bear it in mind when she is older and they try and jab her in the arm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->