innotab baby or similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinklestar25

Reaction score
hi just wondering if anyone has got one of these, our baby is 18 onths old and I don't know if its too young to be getting innotabs! but my reason is that ive brought an ipad mini for the family (inc nearly 5 yr old and us) and I would rarther the baby didn't play with that one! so was wondering whether to get him his own but just not sure, it does say from 12 months. I don't think one of those pretend ones will cut it! anyone any ideas? thanks

At that age, I don't think he'd show much interest tbh. DS1 got one at 2 yrs old, and I thought it was a huge waste of money for quite a long time because he never played with it. Low and behold, around age 3 1/2 he suddenly became interested in it and now plays with it about every day for a half hour or so. I wouldn't bother with it at 18 months if it were me.

My Lo is 19 months old and is getting this for Christmas ..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kool-TM-Ta...UTF8&qid=1417443776&sr=8-1&keywords=kool+kids

It's mainly for loading peppa pig and nursery rhymes on for him to watch every now and then when I need to distract him like for trips etc. and the odd game here or there which he uses mine for.

Ds got the innotab baby for his 2nd birthday. It is good but it's so slow compared to phones/tablets etc. (Which I've heard is the same with all innotab/leapad type things). He just doesn't have the patience to sit and wait for it to load. He always ends up on ours instead.

Ds got the innotab baby for his 2nd birthday. It is good but it's so slow compared to phones/tablets etc. (Which I've heard is the same with all innotab/leapad type things). He just doesn't have the patience to sit and wait for it to load. He always ends up on ours instead.

This is true for sure. I think its one of the main things that deterred DS1 from playing with it when he was younger. Younger kids aren't patient enough to wait for things to load. He's old enough now to actually get that concept of having to wait for the apps and games to load on it. I think he'd prefer a regular tablet, but that's not on my budget list this year. Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->