Input from Mummys with 2 boys and then a girl ....

Kay0102

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I'm just wondering about birth weights. My 1st boy was 8lb 9oz, 2nd boy 9lb 1oz, I am hoping for a VBA2C this time but is it true your babies tend to get bigger and most importantly would that be the case with a girl or do they tend to be daintier in comparison. My 9 pounder was 60cm long! x

i haven't personally had a girl, just one big boy, but i don't think it being a girl has anything to do with it. i was 8lb15oz when i was born, and so were all my little sisters. (similar sizes). my brother was the "little" one! i think it's very individual and probably due mainly to genetics.

my mom gave birth naturally at home to 5 children all 8.5 pounds or bigger - i hope you get your vba2c!

I have two boys who were 9lb1 then 9lb9, and even the midwives have commented that maybe I'll have a little girl this time. One of my friends had babies with the exact same weights as mine but she had boy followed by girl, so it's not always the case that girls are smaller.

My kids have all been about the same weight so far. My oldest son was born 10 days early weighing 7lb13oz. My second son was 1 day early weighing 7lb14oz. My third-born daughter was 3 days early weighing 7lb11oz. Hope you're getting info that will help you! :)

My sister had a boy 7.3, followed by a girl 10.4, quite a difference!!!! :) girls aren't always smaller lol

Darn haha. Guess it was just wishful thinking. Suppose it also depends on gestation as 2 weeks can make a big difference. They were 40+12 and 40+9 x

On average, baby boys are slightly bigger. That's why they have different percentile charts. But I don't think the difference is significant, so I'm guessing your girl will be close to the same weight your sons were.

Both were at 39 weeks exactly, scheduled induction turned c-section and second elcs!!

But yes gestation can make a difference :)

i had my 20 week appt today and the doctor actually told me that it doesn't matter about gender - he said subsequent babies usually weigh more. yikes! hope mine isn't too much bigger than his brother!!!

My sister had two boys then a girl. Her 2nd (boy) was the biggest. Her 1st was the smallest. Her 3rd, my niece was in the middle for weight. Eat well, that's about all you can do to keep babys weight in check. Good luck!

Both my girls were massive. Now this is our third girl and we suspect she will be the biggest measuring almost a week ahead. I'm a small girl btw... In my case my girls are big babies xx

Thanks for your input ladies. My first I was big. My 2nd I followed slimming world! And now I'm at target with a healthy bmi and still following Slimming world so the results will be interesting x

Here is a pic left 19 weeks with my first and right is 19 weeks with this one lol x

collage_20151123192430528.jpg

I've only had 2 kids so far, my son was 7lbs 4oz at 40+6 and my daughter was 7lbs 15oz at 39+2. I had uncontrolled gestational diabetes with her though, my midwife reckons she would have been more like 6lbs 4oz at 40 weeks otherwise.

My MIL had 3 boys, my OH is thee youngest and he was the smallest.

I was big with both of my kids so that didn't seem to factor in, Thomas was on the small side and Sophie was rather chubby.

Wow you look great, eating healthy and staying active (supposedly ) do have an effect :)

My mum had my two brothers 7lb 6oz and 9lb 3oz then I was born (girl obviously lol) and was 7lb 3oz xxx

My boys were 8lb 4oz and 51cm
2nd son was 9lb and 54cm ( 5 days over due )
3rd son was 8lb 5oz ( 8 days over due ) and 56cm
Im interested to see if little miss will be smaller or a chunk like big brothers.
I was my mums 2nd baby ( out of 5. G,G,G,B,G ) and i was her biggest baby but still only 7lb lol!!!

I had a friend whose first 2 boys were around 9 lbs (40-ish weeks) She just had a girl at 37 weeks & she was 7 lbs.

My first son was 7lbs 3oz and my second son was 7lbs 5oz. I just had my daughter and she was 6lbs 8oz.

I had two boys at 42 weeks, 6lb13 and 7lb11, then I was induced at 39+6 and she was 7lb9, my midwife reckons had she gone to 42 weeks she would've been around 7lb13 so mine have got bigger each time

I can't really comment for myself as my two boys were prem so smaller than my full term girl.

But my friend also had 2 boys then a girl and weights went 8lbs, 9lbs and 7.5lbs respectively. All similar gestations too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->