Insanity Workout

J

Jade--x

Has anyone done this? My Dad's just got the DVDs for it and he put one on the TV and I was like - Wow! I know its high energy but that looks lethal! :haha:

My friends done it he's nearing the end of it and he's lost so much weight and his stamina and fitness levels had over doubled by the time he was half way through!

I really want to do it! I just have a feeling I'll be unconscious before I'm even half way through the 1st exercise :rofl:

I've seen it, it scares the life out of me! Let us know if you do try it :) I'm intrigued. I've dieted to lose two stone, now I'm trying to exercise. Signing up for a gym membership this weekend to go 5 times a week and doing kinect fitness games. I'm looking at workout DVDs i can do in the morning when its me and LO, but they're mainly zumba and I've never been into it ><!

I've got a gym membership with my sister and best friend though the last few weeks I hadn't been going up until thursday and now I'm back into it all again. We get free classes with ours too so we're going to some of them. Zumbas one of them we get free so we're going next week to try it. My best friends been before said she loved it it's a right laugh when you do it with friends.

Mine will be nuffield health, it's expensive but gorgeous, I'll have classes free too. I wanna do yoga and spinning :) excited to do it! It's open until 10-11 so I can go every night when LOs in bed. Brill! :D X

I just started Insanity workout today...it is seriously challenging (well it was for me, but i've not exercised much in years), I kept wanting to give up and it's only day 1! I do think it will be worth it though!

I just started Insanity workout today...it is seriously challenging (well it was for me, but i've not exercised much in years), I kept wanting to give up and it's only day 1! I do think it will be worth it though!

You'll have to let us know how you get on! I was planning on starting today but my LO was up all night last night and made sure my energy was in the minus levels lol so I'll start next week I think :) Seeing my friends results I think it's definitely worth it! x

I'd definitely work up to things like Insanity, plunging straight in is a recipe for disaster, injury and illness imo.

I tried some similar stuff a couple of years ago for a laugh with a friend, and it was incredibly difficult - at the time I was rowing semi-pro and therefore extremely fit and working out 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day.

I did the full program and never skipped a single day! I started seeing results at about the one week mark, and for sure by the two week mark. Then my stomach got flatter and my butt got higher. I didn't lose much weight, but WOW did I lose inches and tone up all over the place.

If you have the willpower and dedication, go for it! I wouldn't spend the money on this program or waste your time if you can't secure 40-75 mins. six days a week for two months. Its amazing, its hard, it pushes you to the max and you will see results if you follow the program. I just don't see how you couldn't see results...its by far the hardest workout I've ever done. I was a competitive long distance swimmer for 13 years (private team and four years of varsity high school swimming at the same time) - and nothing ever came close to that kind of interval training.

If you want to do it, but you're scared of how hard it is - go at YOUR pace. Don't stop, don't give up, just go at your pace and you'll see that your body will start to transform.

I'd definitely work up to things like Insanity, plunging straight in is a recipe for disaster, injury and illness imo.

I tried some similar stuff a couple of years ago for a laugh with a friend, and it was incredibly difficult - at the time I was rowing semi-pro and therefore extremely fit and working out 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day.

Beachbody's "Hip Hop Abs" program is also good if you want to ease yourself into Insanity. Don't worry too much, while it feels like he's trying to kill you with those moves, he's not. LOL

Keep your body fueled with good foods. If you have the meal plan guide/nutrition guide, use it as a reference to what you should be eating. Its pretty important to eat 5x a day so you keep your body fueled and ready for a butt-kicking workout. :)

My OH is a fitness instructor, he did the introduction part of it & said it was hard lol. Were going to invest in it soon!!

Cx

Keep your body fueled with good foods. If you have the meal plan guide/nutrition guide, use it as a reference to what you should be eating. Its pretty important to eat 5x a day so you keep your body fueled and ready for a butt-kicking workout. :)

Thanks :), i've not really looked at the meal plan properly, but have been trying to eat pretty regularly...you sort of need to, the workout makes me SO hungry!!

I decided to start again, so i'm on week 2 now. I do think finding the time to do it everyday has been a bit of a problem...but it would require more time if I was going to the gym everyday. Although, I had to swap my day off last week!

Did you keep it up once you'd done it once? And do you definitely think it's worth sticking it out?!

Thanks :), i've not really looked at the meal plan properly, but have been trying to eat pretty regularly...you sort of need to, the workout makes me SO hungry!!

I decided to start again, so i'm on week 2 now. I do think finding the time to do it everyday has been a bit of a problem...but it would require more time if I was going to the gym everyday. Although, I had to swap my day off last week!

Did you keep it up once you'd done it once? And do you definitely think it's worth sticking it out?!

I definitely think its so worth it to stick it out. I must admit though that after it was done I took a REALLY long break (ugh...like two months) before going back to the gym. I'm still is great shape, but I can tell that I'm not working out hard enough to keep that look I had after finishing Insanity. I'm now doing weight training circuits and cardio 3x a week and pilates 1-2x a week and I'm already starting to see that shape come back. Everything just got so nice a firm from Insanity -and that's what I'm trying to get back since I know its there....somewhere. lol

After you're done with the program I really recommend going to the gym a few times a week at least to keep up what you just accomplished. I messed it up, and I'll be starting Insanity after summer is over (I do it in my garage at home and its way too hot right now). What a lot of people also do after Insanity is do a hybrid = Some of the Insanity videos mixed with regular gym workouts. You get the best of both worlds. :)

ETA - remember if you don't follow the program like its scheduled, you'll still get in shape, but you won't see the drastic results like you see on the TV/Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->