Insomnia

ashleynd

Reaction score
All right, I'm sure I've asked before, but this is getting ridiculous. I haven't slept but maybe 1-3 hours a night for about a week now. I can't even take naps. I'm on a muscle relaxer to help me get to sleep. I tried cognitive behavioral therapy and that didn't work. My doctor has had me try tylenol pm and melatonin, both were unsuccessful. I think my problem is getting comfortable at night. It's not anxiety or the inability to slow my mind. What has anyone tried that worked?

I wish I had a solution, but I'm also struggling with insomnia right now. It seems to have gotten a little better along with the nausea situation improving.

Some natural suggestions made to me: aromatherapy with lavender, meditation/relaxation exercises (sounds like you've tried those), super dark room, don't do anything stimulating at least two hours before bed, warm milk, acupuncture. I haven't tried all of them yet, so I can't vouch for their efficacy. It sounds like your insomnia is beyond these, though.

I had it when I was pregnant with DS. I forgot about having it so early, and then I went back and read my preggo journal from my last pregnancy, and read about the insomnia...and then I had insomnia last night!!! I wish I'd never read that. I'd been sleeping fine!

I wish I had something to help. I've been getting hot during the night, which doesn't help. I go to bed cold, snuggle under the blankets, and wake up halfway through the night hot, then take the covers off, then get cold...

I wish I had a solution, but I'm also struggling with insomnia right now. It seems to have gotten a little better along with the nausea situation improving.

Some natural suggestions made to me: aromatherapy with lavender, meditation/relaxation exercises (sounds like you've tried those), super dark room, don't do anything stimulating at least two hours before bed, warm milk, acupuncture. I haven't tried all of them yet, so I can't vouch for their efficacy. It sounds like your insomnia is beyond these, though.

I think so, too. My boyfriend is suggesting I get a prenatal massage to maybe take the edge off of being stressed so maybe I can sleep better. I've been going to the chiropractor regularly because my hips have always been off, so I guess that could still be an issue.

I had it when I was pregnant with DS. I forgot about having it so early, and then I went back and read my preggo journal from my last pregnancy, and read about the insomnia...and then I had insomnia last night!!! I wish I'd never read that. I'd been sleeping fine!

I wish I had something to help. I've been getting hot during the night, which doesn't help. I go to bed cold, snuggle under the blankets, and wake up halfway through the night hot, then take the covers off, then get cold...

I get too hot, too. I've resorted to using one comforter, no sheets, a fan and humidifier, and I have one window cracked to let that cool fall air in.

I have a home diffuser and I put either lavender or peace and calm (both are oils) in them and I sleep so good. If I don't do it, I don't sleep.

Hope you get some rest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->