Insomniacs Club

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
Hello my name is Broodymrs and I am an insomniac! If you are too welcome to the club!

I promised on another thread that the next time I was wide awake I would come on and start a group where fellow insomiacs can all gather together during our sleepness nights to support each other, talk about our crazy dreams (when we finally do get some sleep), share any tips for getting sleep and just generally chat about life during the most wonderful but sometimes difficult 9 months of our lives (although we seem to be gluttons for punishment and will probably do it again anyway!).

So welcome......:sleep: (I wish!)

So I'll kick this off. I've actually been sleeping pretty well for the past couple of weeks by having a Horlicks before bed, using some lavender sleep mist and trying to position myself comfortably using lots of pillows and reading before bed rather than watching TV in bed. I've also been trying not to nap in the day, or for no more than 1 hour if I really need it. But it's all gone a bit to pot today. I've been to the physio for what I thought was SPD but is actually another similar condition called DR which is basically still everything loosening up due to pregnancy and causing pain. My hip pain is one of the reasons I don't sleep but I've been doing pretty well just trying to ignore it. Anyway I've been given a support to wear around my hips and waist and it's not too uncomfortable but I've got used to sleeping naked (as was so hot before - yet again was keeping me awake) so it feels really weird now and is making me pretty hot. Tonight I also fell asleep downstairs so went for a nap at half 7, hubby tried to wake me at half 8 but didn't end up dragging myself out of bed til 9 so really wasn't ready for bed at 10 when hubby was but went anyway and had about 2 hours before I starting tossing and turning. My hips are still hurting, despite the support, boiling hot, have got restless body, ran out of milk so couldn't have Horlicks and cat was on bed so didn't want to spray sleep mist on her! I also seem to have been bitten on my leg and that is itching like crazy. So that's my disasterous start to the night!

So I'm now sat here drinking Horlicks made with water only, yuk. And I'm going to watch a one born every minute then hopefully I'll be tired.

If there is anyone else out there awake in the wee hours please come and join me!

Night night xxxxx

I will join you.

I hate night time. Im managing roughly 4 hours sleep per night! I have severe spd and the only relief i get is sitting in a warm bath so i tend to find myself sat in the bath at 3 am. Luckily im signed off of work!
I have also been known to hystericslly cry in the early hours as im sooooo fed up.
I used to really love my sleep and could sleep for Wales! I now find that i can nap better so i tend to sleep for 2 hours at a time throughout the day and night rather than for a long stretch.
I have no hints and tips to bring on sleep but am willing to try anything!

Joining!! :)

Hello fellow insomniacs. I have had a better few nights but I get up around 4am now to pee and feel like I could just get up and get on with things. It takes me a good hour/hour and a half to fall back to sleep and then my OH gets up half an hour later so I am basically awake from 4am.

I dread weekends too, we have my OHs son and he's up from 6am. When he's here he demands constant attention. I can cope with the early starts if I can have some time to relax but that's just not possible with a chatty 8yr old. Is it terrible that I find that hard?? :wacko:

Not at all! I don't know how ppl cope when they are already looking after one (or more) child and struggling with pregnancy. Slept pretty well last night coz i was so tired. I'm knackered now. Had a v emotional day, cried to my midwife and just generally had enough, think it's just worn me out so off to bed. Night ladies, hopefully sleep tight!

Sorry your spd is so bad aurora. I've just started with this DR but it's getting worse every day. :(

Hi ladies, just checking in to see how everyone is. It hasn't been a great week for me. I am in so much pain from this split abdomen condition so that is affecting everything I do, whether that is while I am awake or trying to sleep. Had a scare on Fri when I thought my waters had gone and ended up on emergency labour ward. Luckily it didn't seem to be my waters but no-one can really tell me what it was, still waiting for some test results. Having an awful time at work, so stressed and in constant pain due to my back/abdomen/hip pain. Got a full day conference call next Tues with no breaks which I am dreading. Have already pointed out to my manager this will finish me off if I'm made to do it but they weren't very sympathetic. I work in HR so they really shouldn't be breaking the law like this, not to mention I only had a discussion last week about how I need to get up for a walk every half an hour so I don't stiffen up, grrr. Had wierd dream last night about strangling my cat which was really upsetting :(

On the plus side though we decorated ur nursery at the weekend so that is finished (except furniture) and looks beautiful! How you ladies doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->