Insurance claims

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
DH had car accident 4 years ago and it's still unsettled by his insurers.

I said for him to call and pester them as if he wins, he gets his £600 excess back!

He keeps saying they will contact him but it's been soooo long that they really wont!

Also I said for him to ask why it's taking so long?!

They won't contact him if he doesn't call them. They will be hoping he can't be bothered to chase it up!
They generally work on the basis that they deal with those who call and chase up the claims.

Get him on the phone asap!

They won't contact him if he doesn't call them. They will be hoping he can't be bothered to chase it up!
They generally work on the basis that they deal with those who call and chase up the claims.

Get him on the phone asap!

He phones them about once a year.

Is it a case of calling them once a week or something?

Yes. Once a year will get the paperwork on the desk but as he doesn't then call them the next week it get covered by something else. He needs to call them and get them to agree to a time they will call him back - say 10 days time. If they haven't called on the 10th call he calls them again etc. Once they get sick of him calling they will settle it.

Can i just let you know over such a small amount if hr is granted it his car insurance will go up so it normally isnt really worth it, Evan if it wasnt his fault the accident will remain on his insurance for 3-5 yrs I think it is and it does put. the price up a lot of people dont realise this and just think they're getting money when they end up paying more for there policys x

Can i just let you know over such a small amount if hr is granted it his car insurance will go up so it normally isnt really worth it, Evan if it wasnt his fault the accident will remain on his insurance for 3-5 yrs I think it is and it does put. the price up a lot of people dont realise this and just think they're getting money when they end up paying more for there policys x

His company pay for his van and his insurance so it wouldn't matter anyway ;)

the claim is in, so the result doesnt really matter in terms of future insurance and claims., it still has to be declared

His company pay for his van and his insurance so it wouldn't matter anyway ;)

Ah I see that's good then haha

I work in this field and I would advise he pesters them and also puts in a complaint about the length of time it's taken, then it will have to be sorted asap. Can't believe it's been this long!!!

Tell him to ring!!

I was in an accident July when I was pregnant my case has only just been settled and I'm waiting for my compensation to go in any day now :D I phoned them nearly every day probably getting on their nerves but I grew to learn when I didn't ring they slowed down doing anything, so I phoned all the time and it was settled quicker.

Oh on the other hand only phones when he can be bothered or had enough of me nagging lol and still waiting for his to be settled

Hope it's sorted quick for him x

we had something similar and had to keep calling constantly! As for the excess we didnt get our back, they said it was too long and they had provided survives for that time! In other words don't trust Admiral insurance with a barge pole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->