intense back pain that comes and goes

Jmommy

Reaction score
This is my 3rd pregnancy but I have never really experienced labor before. I had c-sections with the first 2 and will be again. Due to some complications with this pregnancy I am high risk for early labor.
Earlier tonight I started getting very intense back pain. Its coming about every 10 minutes really strong and gradually lessens in intensity. Every once in a while it wraps around to my bump but for the most part it's all in my back.
So my question is does this sound like labor could be starting? And is it better to call the Dr earlier so they can potentially stop it or should I wait till I'm more sure that it's actually labor. I don't really wanna bother calling if it's something silly.
Anyone have experience with incredible back pain coming in waves?

I had that with my first pregnancy. It started at a similar time every day - around 11pm - and lasted for maybe two or three hours, if I remember correctly. It was so bad I couldnt lie or sit.

Mine started around three weeks before I gave birth. Looking back, I assume it was my body beginning to thin my cervix, or simply the weight/head of the baby pressing down into my back.

I gave birth at 40 weeks, so those pains didn't make me go into labour early.

Have you had these before? Do they stop when you lie down or walk around?

If in doubt, give your midwife or hospital a call. If nothing else, it'll put your mind at rest.

(Edited to add, my pains came in waves so were quite like contractions, but centred in my lower back, and without the squeezing of regular contractions)

I've never gone into labor by myself but I think I'd call for some peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->