Intensely Itchy But Not On Hands And Feet

WhisperGirl

Roll on November
Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm only 18 weeks, but I wanted to post this here because it's more common in 3rd tri, plus the 2nd tri forum seems to have died out a bit.
I have intense itching that I've had for a few weeks now. It did begin on my palms, and does show up there now and again briefly, but mostly, it's in my armpits, all over my boobs, all over my legs and stomach, and the tops of my thighs. There are no bumps or rashes. It feels so intense, like as itchy as a mosquito bite. It also feels very similar to the itch I get when I have morphine. I've booked a blood test for Monday, but do you girls think it could be Cholestasis? My urine isn't dark etc, but I've also had a night time elevated temperature for about 7 months now. I also get headaches every day, and have lots of little finger tip size bruises on my hands and arms. I don't know what's up with my body.

Hey, boards are quiet so popped into third to be nosey, I had OC when pregnant with my 5th and never had the itching on my hands or feet and I was induced at 38 weeks because of it. I got it in later pregnancy but I have heard it's a possibility to get it earlier x

Hi hon
I've had cholestasis in 2 pregnancies. First time around I just had an itchy belly around 33 weeks. It was intence tho. Anyway at 34 weeks I was diognosed with cholestasis and induced at 35+4 weeks. I also had pre eclampsia.

With my now 5 month old son I started itching at 11 weeks. It was intence and kept me awake at night. It felt like I was being bit by a thousand red ants. Anyway at 15 weeks my poop turned yellow and my pee was very dark.
The palms or my hands started itching around 15 weeks to. Up until that time I had no itching there. It all started on my belly' chest' boobs' legs and arms. I scratched so much I made myself bleed. It was misery.
The soles of my feet were itching by week 16 and at just 17 weeks I was diognosed with cholestasis.
Here in the UK ure diognosed if ure bile acid levels are 14 or over. At 17 weeks mine was 20.
I completely freaked out. Google scared the life out of me so do not Google.
I was put on medication called Urco and within 2 weeks my levels were down to a 17. And the itching was so much better.
I got very itchy again at 28 weeks and the itching continued after that but some days it wud be worse than other and some days it was fine.
Being diagnosed so early I really thought I wudnt get any further than 34 weeks. But I was booked in for induction at 37+2 and gave birth at 37+3 weeks to a healthy baby boy.
I'm so glad ure getting ure bloods done. Its bile acids that will tell them if u have it or not.
But and I'm stressing this. If u get told ure levels are normol but u still continue to itch please get ure bloods done again. Cholestasis can be very serious if left untreated.
Dont let them fob u off.

We are trying for our last baby next year I'll be 41 when we start. I'm so scared to get cholestasis again as u have 70% of getting it in other pregnancies if u have had it b4. I wont freak out as much because I know theres medication for it. But I'll never forget the intensity of that itching.
I'm so sorry u are going through this and I really hope u get some answers soon.

The highest my levels got was when I hit the 3rd trimester. I was told that was when they were likely to really Jump up. The highest mine got was 37 which I know is high but in cholestasis terms thats still classed as mild. Some womens levels can go up to over a hundred. Ive seen some in the 200 range.
They will only induce u b4 37 weeks if ure levels get into the hundreds.
I wud of been of been able to go to 39 weeks but I had a liver transplant 9 years ago so I can only go as far as 38 weeks max.
Anyway I had to comment as someone who has not long gone through it all. I hope this is helpful to you.
Good luck hon

Thank you so much girls, I really appreciate your replies. I am currently itching away here. So so intense and I'm the kind of person who gets mad itches from opiates. This keeps me awake and I scratch until I cut myself.
I'll keep you posted. I will be induced at 37 weeks anyhow due to medical reasons, but I do think something is up this time. I have wondered about gall bladder issues for quite a while now. Thank you very much again for your help xx

Thanks ladies it's good to have some reviews from ladies who have had it in previous pregnancies. I'm worried I will get it again this time x

Thanks ladies it's good to have some reviews from ladies who have had it in previous pregnancies. I'm worried I will get it again this time x

Hopfully u wont hon. I've had it twice now and that's the one thing that I'm worried about if we are blessed with another pregnancy is getting it for a 3rd time. Also it starting even earlier than 17 weeks. But I'm not gonna let it put me off having our last baby. I'm all excited about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->