Interesting article: cervical scar tissue and labour complications

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
https://birthfaith.org/midwives/cervical-scar-tissue

Apologies if this has been posted before but it's just come to my attention and I feel that it may be of interest to a lot of ladies on here :flower:

I 100% think that previous treatment I had on my cervix affected my labour..I wasn't dilating, I was crying and telling them all 'my cervix is broke' and that it wouldn't go because of my treatment. No one listened. When, eventually I did dilate I went very quickly. I later read up and found that when the scar tissues breaks you literally pop open. When I was pregnant I told everyone that I had cervial treatments and asked how/if they would affect labour..everyone told me that it wouldnt and that if it did it would cause premature labour, even that they werent overly bothered about though!
Women should be made more aware about this..I know with my next Baby I will be printing research off and taking it with me! x

I 100% think that previous treatment I had on my cervix affected my labour..I wasn't dilating, I was crying and telling them all 'my cervix is broke' and that it wouldn't go because of my treatment. No one listened. When, eventually I did dilate I went very quickly. I later read up and found that when the scar tissues breaks you literally pop open. When I was pregnant I told everyone that I had cervial treatments and asked how/if they would affect labour..everyone told me that it wouldnt and that if it did it would cause premature labour, even that they werent overly bothered about though!
Women should be made more aware about this..I know with my next Baby I will be printing research off and taking it with me! x

Yup

Totally agree, I never had any issues like this but when my friend posted the link on fb I just had to share it, it's unbelievable that this is so little-known or talked about :growlmad: Information is so important and could make huge differences to many ppl :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->