Intermittent bleeding.

x_Rainbow_x

Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light or advice on this?

I had my LO 10 days ago. On day 6 my bleeding practically stopped which I thought was odd, but that night I had quite a large bleed while in the bath. No clots just blood. I rang emergency n they didn't seem concerned said to ring bk if it didn't stop. It lasted about 30 mins then stopped again.
I was very panicked n was terrified, Sunday there was no bleeding again, until bedtime then I had another gush, Iv been having the same every day since. Nothing the whoosh big gush n dripping for a while. Tit was bright red but now it's dark red, it's just the amount in one go that bothers me.
We're combi feeding n my LO was born naturally.

Anyone had this or got advice. I don't hold much faith in the mws ATM :-(

Are you breast feeding? My midwife said you will get gushes after a feed as it releases hormones to make your uterus contract.

Also if you're in the uk can you call your community midwife? They'll be more knowledgable than emergency about what's normal.

So very, very normal! I'm on baby #3 and I can confidently say that it's all normal postpartum stuff. With my first two babies, I only bled 2 days and then had a bleed once in a while up to 8 weeks. With this baby, bleeding stopped completely at about 4 weeks and then at 6 weeks I had a few big gushes in the mornings. My midwives and doctor were both unconcerned. Now at 13 weeks, all is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->