Internal stitches coming out of vagina

Pinky00

Reaction score
I had my emcs 2 weeks ago, I feel great, still a bit sore but other than that I can't complain! I was in the bath the other night and whilst washing I noticed something hanging out of my vagina!

It was a blue string, like a tampon string with a knotted loop at the end, it was still attached when I pulled gently! My immediate thought was that it was some sort of internal stitches!

I rang my MW who seemed baffled, she rang the hospital to speak to a doctor who advised that I went in for an examination, so off I trotted to the hospital, the dr had a look and quite frankly looked completely baffled! He went off to ask his superior for his opinion!

When he returned he said that it was nothing to worry about and that as it was coming from my cervix he would cut it as short as possible, take some swabs and give me antibiotics as a precaution! He did all this and said to go back in a week for a check up!

Despite his bemusement he didn't seem concerned, so my question is, has anyone else heard of or experienced this? I am very curious!!!

Holy jesus that is scary. I thought that the internal stiches disolve on their own. Weir why it would be so long!

I've just experienced the exact same thing today, I was told that its the string that's come loose from the part of the stitches that have dissolved and that there's nothing to worry about.
X

Holy jesus that is scary. I thought that the internal stiches disolve on their own. Weir why it would be so long!

The dr said that they take 6 weeks to dissolve so I assume they just haven't dissolved yet! I had quite a shock though I must say!!

I've just experienced the exact same thing today, I was told that its the string that's come loose from the part of the stitches that have dissolved and that there's nothing to worry about.
X

Oooh I'm glad to hear I am not the only one, it was slightly unnerving that the dr hadn't seen it before!!!

The exact same thing happened to me!! I went back to hospital and they examined me. The outcome of that was that they snipped it short, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. After a few weeks I couldn't feel anything anymore so I assume they dissolved xx

I had a c/s 16 years ago and still remember clearly losing a string from my vagina. It wasn't that long but was knotted. I was a little freaked out!

Thanks ladies! It's reassuring that you have experienced this too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->