Intorducing Miss Lauryn Brolly-31/10/08

SuzyQ

Pregnant with 2nd
Reaction score
Finally getting a chance to get on here and do my birth story, while I can still remember it!!!

Its been a tough start, ended up having emergency C section, had an infection and was readmitted to hospital for 3 days last week. Heres how it all began.....

Had my sweep at the midwife on tuesday the 28th at 40+1 weeks. I was only 1cm dilated and cervix still high so wasn't expecting much to happen. Started having a show that afternoon which continued on til wednesday. On wednesday night I started getting contractions about 6-7 mins apart. Didn't get much sleep and by thursday morning they were 5 mins apart so I phoned the labour ward at 6am and they told me to hold off until they were betweeen 3 and 4 mins. Got my tens machine on as they were starting to get more painful. About 11am I phoned again and they told me to come in. Was examined and was still only 1-2cm. I was gutted, it was starting to get really painful now. Was sent home and told to come in when I was getting 3 contractions in 3 mins. Almost as soon as I left the hospital they started coming more regular and I was really struggling. Got home and lasted until about 1530hrs and had to go back in as it was unbearable and they were every 3 mins. Was begining to feel like a real wimp and was convinced they would send me home again. Was examined and was 2-3cm now but my cervix had thinned right out so they admitted me! Was so pleased and was straight on the gas and air-it was a god send!
4 hours later and I had only dilated another 1cm but still getting really painful contractions every 2-3mins. They advised I should have diamorphine as the baby's heartrate was a bit too high and it would slow it down. Things get a bit blurry now... Examined again 4 hours later and still only 4cm!! Was in agony. They put me on the drip to speed things up and gave me an epidural. Was getting really disheartened now, and my temperature was shooting up so they put me on a drip for fluids and paracetemol. Was really starting to struggle and baby wasn't moving much. At 630 am-13hours after being admitted I had still only dilated a whole 1cm!!!! Was by this point soooo exhausted not having slept for 2 days
The doctor came in and said they advised me to have an emergency C section as they thought I had an infection, and the baby had somehow moved sideways and not head down, and could go another 4 hours and still not get anywhere!!
At this point I just wanted her out so agreed and was whisked away and my beautiful little girl was born at 0737 on 31/10/08 weighing a whopping 10lb 2oz-no wonder she couldn't get out!!!!
Was home 2 days later but had to go back in and go on IV antibiotics because I still had an infection, I lost a lot of blood too but am now starting to feel better and enjoy being a Mummy at last!!
Sorry to have rambled on so long!! It was all worth it to get to meet my little princess but if I'm honest my experience of birth and feeling so ill after has put me off having another one a little bit. Not sure I could face going thru all that again. I feel like a bit of a failure that I couldn't give birth naturally!
Heres some piccies!! x

Attachments

• IMG_1244 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1244 (Small).JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1291 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1291 (Small).JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 131
sorry u had such a rough time hun.

but congats on ur beautiful baby girl x x

Congratulations...she's beautiful!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

:hug:

So glad your feeling better and congratulations xx

Sorry you had a rough time x

Congratulations though, she's lovely! x

Im sorry you had such a bad time.
She is adorable though :)

She is precious. Hope you're healed up soon! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->