Intro plus Stretch Mark question!

kacdanz

Reaction score
Hello! I am a mere 4 weeks and 3days with expected due date of July 4th! My husband and I are so excited...we can hardly wait :) I wanted to ask about stretch marks...I've been researching the best cream to buy to prevent and want to get your opinions before spending the $$$. So does anyone have a cream that they recommend? I am African-American (Black) and not sure if that has anything to do with skin type although I have heard it does.

I'm not sure about the skin Type part, but coconut oil is my preference!

Honestly, what worked for me was staying hydrated naturally (water non-stop) and keeping the weight gain to an absolute minimum - the day I delivered I was 14 lbs over my starting weight. I ended up with one tiny stretch mark below my belly button that I got at the end, and I'm VERY prone to stretch marks. Didn't use any fancy products or anything like that, just didn't stretch my skin out too much and too quickly. :)

Best of luck! :flower:

Welcome and congrats! There is no miracle cream for stretch marks as far as I know. The best prevention is to drink a lot of water, eat healthy, try not to gain more than the recommended amount of weight, and lotion your skin daily. Genetics plays a big part in whether you'll get stretch marks or not. Most of us can't avoid them, unfortunately.

I've heard that genetics also plays a part too. I know my mum didn't get stretch marks at all. With my last pregnancy I put on a total of a stone (6 kg) because I had hyperemis.

I did use a natural oil too twicr a day (don't use bio oil it's actually really really bad for you). I can't remember exactly what was in it but possibly something like jojoba oil with rosehip oil etc. You don't need to spend heaps of dollars on it either.

I'm seven weeks now and can't stop eating. Don't have hyperemis this time so now I'm all worried abouy stretch marks too. I'm going to research good safe oils. If I find something I'll get back to you.

Creams are all fads in my opinion. Whether you get them or not comes down to your genes and how your skin is.

Ideally you want to keep it hydrated so its more elastic. Gaining weight at slow rate is best but not always possible in pregnancy.

Creams are all fads in my opinion. Whether you get them or not comes down to your genes and how your skin is.

Ideally you want to keep it hydrated so its more elastic. Gaining weight at slow rate is best but not always possible in pregnancy.

I agree with this, but I think a good moisturizer will help the skin from being dry and brittle as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->