Intro?

hollyandivy

Reaction score
I don’t know if this is where I should be posting but I am having a really difficult time and could use some interaction with people who may understand better. My name is Holly. My husband and I have twins who are three. This pregnancy is a complete surprise and comes in the middle of my battle with cancer. We are completely caught off guard and at a loss for what to do. All of my doctors are advising me to terminate to give me the best shot at survival. I feel like it is my best option. It makes me really sad though and I don’t know what to think. I need to decide as soon as possible and it is difficult. Has anyone ever faced a health situation while pregnant? I feel like it could help me to talk to actual women than any more doctors. Thank you all. And good luck in your pregnancies.

My gosh, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I cannot say that I relate bc I have never been in a similar situation. But, as heartbreaking as this is, it is my opinion that your health comes before that of an unborn child. That may sound harsh but in the case of your survival I think you have to think of yourself first. It is more important for your twins to have a mother than another sibling.

This is so awful. As if battling cancer wasn't enough to deal with.... I'm so sorry you have to go through any of this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to hear this, I could never imagine myself voluntarily ending a pregnancy but even more I certainly wouldn't want to risk losing the children I already have or vice versa. Sometimes the hardest decisions are the best ones.

Hi - I think there is an Ethical pre-natal losses locked group you could ask to join for advice. Which is not to say I think you should chose to terminate (you decision entirely and a very difficult one). I just thought you might fnd more people to speak to who are in/have been in a similar situation

I am so sorry you are going through this. This decision is hard and yours and your husband's to make. This would be something I would struggle with as I am pro-choice but could never see myself having one. Your twins need a mom, and while cancer is getting easier to treat, the chemicals used (and radiation) can do a lot of damage to your body and that of your unborn child.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->