Introducing Bottles

c1403

Reaction score
Hi All

I am sure this has been asked before (I would look but with two little ones I just cant be bothered).

DD2 is 8 weeks and I plan to introduce a bottle of expressed breast milk once a day around lunchtime. I work 2 days a week for 6 hours so OH would need to feed her on these days, plus it would give me a bit of free time to go out with DD1, run errands etc.

We tried her today on the medela calma bottle that came with my breast pump and she just couldn't get the hang of it and got very upset (we are slowly trying to get her used to it so fortunately I was here to feed her as I didn't want to cause too much distress).

Any tips on helping them get used to a bottle? The medela teats are quite long and hard (though supposed to be close to breastfeeding although I know nothing will be the same as the breast).

DD1 was FF and we used tommee tippee closer to nature all the way through with her and never had a issue so I may try this one later this week.

My plan is not to rush her onto bottles and I plan to continue breastfeeding her myself for the majority of the time.

I don't know if this already came with the bottle but thought I'd post anyway:
https://www.medela.com/IW/en/breastfeeding/products/breastmilk-feeding/calma-feeding-device.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->