Introducing Colten! Born 6-18-09

Jen09

Reaction score
I'm sorry it's taken me so long.

I went in for my weekly appointment Wens. His heart rate was a little on the slow side, and I hadn't felt him move much, so they put me on a monitor, well... him rather. :) It went down to 114 for a few seconds, Dr Julie came in, said she'd be back in a few. Came back and said "well guys.. looks like we're going to have a baby!". What!? I mean I knew it was going to happen, and even though he's only 9 days early, I wasn't ready to hear that. Lol. Off to Baptist Josh and I go, so nervous. Get checked in, make some calls, have a really nice nurse that evening. They let me try on my own as I was 3cms & 95% thin. Nothing. I got induced at 9:30am in the morning, water broken at 10:15 or near there. That was gross! lol. Got my ep, which didn't hurt at all. That thing was amazing, it worked so well. His heart rate went down to 90 - 100s for awhile. But the other thing was moving all over the place so they let it continue for a bit. Said if it wasn't moving an emergency c-section would of been in place. I'm glad that didn't happen. I was put on oxygen from then on til after birth. I kept taking it off for pictures bc the nurse said I could take it off every now and again, but Josh got on my case cause it was practically off for awhile hehe, so I left it on. I didn't mind getting checked for dialtion at that point bc the ep helped with the pain. I progressed pretty quickly I think. I told the nurse, who was the same nurse from yeseterday, because she requested to have me, that I was in a lot of pain, mainly in my butt. She said "do you think it's time?" and at that point a few minutes ago I was 8-9 cms, I said I didn't know but it was hurting more and more. I was 10 cms! She let everyone come in and tell me g'luck and bye and all, and the start of labor began. The nurses name was Kelley and if anyone ever delivers at Baptist, ask for her. She was sooo nice, so amazing, she really helped me through everything. She went beyond her nurse call of duty. Another nurse taught me how to push so I'd be ready. I was scared, I won't lie. His head was right there but kept going back each time and I was getting tired. Kelley got Dr Mullins, and Dr Mullins helped me the rest of the way. Right when she went to cut me, he tore instead. Out he came! I remember the feeling, like something was blocking my hole and as soon as his head and then shoulders started to come out, it was like, plump, hole open. lol. I remember at some point laughing during labor. Josh had us all cracking up. My mom was so excited and happy. I was glad she was there. They both were good supporters and even watched him coming out of me lol. Josh got to cut the cord which he said he still thinks it's crazy(the cord, not cutting it). Colten was born at 3:55pm on June 18th 2009, weighed in at 7lbs 5ozs, head full of beautiful blonde hair, long arms and legs, 20 1/2 inches length, beautiful dark blue eyes(I know they'll probably change). Total hours - 6 hours 25 mins. Labor hours - 1 hour 55 mins :happydance:

As of right now, he was diagnosed with Jondis at the hospital but was only an 8. Monday he turned into a 14.9 and they sent over a bed. He went down to an 11 last Thursday and is out of the bed. Wahoo! He has lost a little weight, down to 6lbs 14 ozs but Dr Castle said that's probably due to the bed, water being loss from sweating.

I'm doing as well as I can. I have a 3rd degree tear which is borderlined 4th degree. Not happy. I also have med size hemroids. Not fun. I'm doing a little better this week and am hoping I can start driving this weekend. I'm happy my son is in my life, I'm happy with my new family. It doesn't take away the pain I'm in, but it does help emotionally.

Sorry the pics are so big.

Welcome to the world
https://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/JenR08/colten.jpg

Stud muffin only a few minutes old, haha
https://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/JenR08/coltefirstborn2.jpg

At the doctors. I've had a lot of compliments about this pic
https://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/JenR08/coltdoc62209.jpg

He looks big but I think it's the way I took the pic
https://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/JenR08/colten62809.jpg

Many Congrats !!! What were the complaints about - the dummy?! - take no notice of them hun :)

Hope you heal up soon and well done to your new little family :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back