Introducing Evelyn to the world xx

emjgil

New mummy of one :D
Reaction score
So it all started Monday morning. We trundled off to hospital for our monitoring session and blood tests etc. Eventually our consultant came to see us and go through options. They had decided it would best to induce on either Wednesday or Thursday and we could choose the day. Then he did a very quick and uncomfortable internal exam, only to inform me that whatever we decide baby would be coming this week as my cervix was 'ripe' and there was my bloody show!!!!! :wacko:

So off we went home, and decided over the course of the evening that Thursday would be the day... OH day off was Wednesday and his leave could start Thursday so lovely timing... plus it gave baby a couple days to kick start things on her own. :thumbup:

Well... Tuesday morning at about 7am I woke up having contraction... nothing unusual there... been feeling them for a couple weeks on and off, but these ones were a little stronger and more consistent. Decided to time them a little.... they were varying from 30 seconds to about 1 minute long and about 8-10 minutes apart so sent OH off to work and decided I'd get up. Did a little housework to distract myself. By 10am the contractions were about 1min 30sec long and about 4 mins apart so called midwife who advised we head up to hospital. Called OH to come home and off we trundled!!!

By 11.30am we were hooked up to the monitoring again and waiting. At about 12.15pm the contractions were so strong and painful I was in tears. The midwife did a brief internal exam and confirmed I was 4cm dilated so wondered off to call the delivery suite and our consultant. Our consultant decided induction to break waters within the following 2 hours and at 1.30pm we were taken to our delivery suite... between contractions of course lol!!!! :haha:

Back on the monitors, and given gas and air to help and waiting for epidural. The woman came in, linked me up with a drip ready for epidural to be administered at which time my blood sprayed all over the room - nice. :dohh: However there was a problem with my blood results so had to wait for a retest. I was offered pethidine but this was the one thing we didn't want so no thank you!!!!

I have a vague memory of a woman telling me even though my bloods came back OK, it was now to late for the epidural so gas and air was all I was getting! It was at this point I think I swore a little :blush:
My waters broke on their own which was like a sack popping out of me followed by a really warm wet water soaking everything within a 1mile radius lol followed by...
Well I have never felt anything like this before!!!!! The only way to describe the pushing part of labour is to refer it to having to push out a REALLLLLY big stubborn poo! And you do actually push with your bum too so you feel like you're trying to do a really big poo!
There is a burning feeling... slight at first when baby's head starts to make its way and then one hell of a burning when their head is actually coming through and out. I was told 'big push now' then ''little panting pushes' for her head to ease out.... well pop... there it was and I did try to follow directions but no!
So one more big push.......... pop pop pop.... cry cry cry!!!! You're a mummy!!!!

From start of actual contractions to labour... a total of 9 hours 9 minutes, ACTUAL labour (from waters to baby)... 39minutes!!!!!

Turned out baby decided to turn so was born spine to spine, however we didn't know this until her head was there so I was half on my back half on my right side and no pain relief!

Have to say... OH was amazing! He didn't let go of my hand once, said all the right things and helped me regulate my breathing when I started to panic and couldn't actually breath.

I did have the injection to pass the placenta, that took about 10 mins if that to come out.

I also needed 2 or 3 stitches which they did with a local anaesthetic.

Word of advice..... Gas and Air.... NOT pain relief just something to bite down on and a distraction, you feel tingly and get the same feeling in your face that you get when your drunk. You feel like you're inhaling helium but you sound like Darth Vader...... well that was my experience of it anyway lol

To sum up... Evelyn Rose Kathlene, Born 01st February 2011, at 16:09, weighing 5lb 11oz, and 12 days early. :happydance:

We haven't loaded photo's yet but here is a little video link a family member loaded up for us. We are totally smitten with our little girl and she is perfect and gorgeous (and a total drama queen already lol) :baby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBgHkAo19Ho

Wow sounds like your labor went really well :flower:

She's a little stunner - congratulations

awwww shes adorable congrats, my little mans 5lb9 nothing fits do you find the same lol ?. x

awwww shes adorable congrats, my little mans 5lb9 nothing fits do you find the same lol ?. x

:haha: yeah even the so called tiny baby and new born stuff is big on her... we had nothing that fit when she was born so mum went to tesco and asda on way back to house and got few things... then it was off to mothercare to teeeeeny weeeeeny sizes xx:blush:

Congrats! Love the name, I wanted Evelyn for my LO, but OH put his foot down :growlmad:

Amazing and so nice to see a video rather than pictures. She's gorgeous! You've got me so excited about having mine now hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->