Introducing Jac Ynyr Jones 29-04-09 (due date!)

penguin77

Pround mummy of 2 :-)
Reaction score
Hey ladies....

I've been a bit slow in writing my birth story as Jac is already a month old...but i need to do it....

All week leading up to Sunday 26th April my BH had been getting more often so i took it as a good sign..at this stage i was 39 weeks preggers.
On sunday though they started at 5pm and seemed to get regular and close together approx 5 mins.....no pain no nothing so i didnt mention anything to the OH....
then at 8.20pm my waters broke.....what a shock...never seen so much water in my life:rofl:......both me and OH were in complete shock!!
I waited a while and the BH/contractions started again...still no pain but approx 3/4 mins appart so i phoned labour ward.
She told me to come in...to take my time and not to rush.

Arrived at labour ward 10.40pm....was monitored and BP taken....BP was a bit high and contractions were at 3 mins apart....i was examined but i wasnt open or anything. I had to give a blood sample and wait for the results.
Results came back at 1.30am ok, blood pressure was back down but they were keeping me in...even though it was obvious nothing was happening...so i sent OH home.

On Monday, nothing happening again. But was told i had been kept in as the baby wasn't engaged...i think he was still only 4/5th engaged!! So quite rare for waters to break with the baby still not engaged......hmmmm LOL
I was given a quick US to make sure baby wasnt breech..he wasnt. And was then told i would be induced on a drip in the morning....
depending on how busy they were it could be lunch time.
Tues morning i got up all was ok....2nd time i went to the toilet and it was clear that Jac had pooed inside me as meconium was coming out. So the midwives said i had to go through to labour ward asap to be put on the drip and monitored just in case Jac got distressed. I phoned OH to come in from work.

At 11.15 was put on the drip...it was yanked up all day to the max level and still nothing happend. Was examined at 5.30 and found that i was only open 1 1/2 cm but jac was still high.....so they were going to keep me going and re-examine at 10 pm.
9pm the pain kicked in......but because of the drip i was having contraction after contraction wiht no breather in between...wow it was nuts.....midwife had to turn the level on the drip down....i was on gas and air at this point.
Examined at 10pm and found that i was 3 cm...so they were going to let me go till 1am before the next exam. So i took diamorphione.....made me dizzy for a bit but didnt make much difference. Pain was still quite bad at 12 midnight so i took the epidural....so glad i did cos it made it bearable.
At 1am i was examined and found to be only 4-5 cm open.

As my waters had gone over 48 hrs before....and that it could take approx another 6 hrs for jac to be born....i was given a c-section. Gutted and upset having gone through the 'drip' process...but somehow relieved that Jac was finally on his way.

Both me an OH have mixed feelingsabout the c-section - considering they say they only take 25 mins or so.....he was waiting outside theatre for approx 50 mins worried sick thinking something was wrong..but they failed to tell him soon enough it was taking a while to get me numb.
He was eventually allowed in and he got to see Jac come out of me/being born (???).
But Jac didnt cry and i was given a quick glance at him and shown that he was a boy... because of the meconium he was taken away to see the paedriatician immedietley. My OH was then called through..still no crying.....and i was getting really worried lying on the theatre bed....probably for 2 mins but felt like a lifetime!!
And then i heard a few cries and my OH came through with our precious little boy...i felt happy relieved and finally where we wanted to be.:happydance::happydance::happydance: And he was born on his due date 29th april 2009 at 2.49am weighing 7lb 15 1/2oz.

Went back to labour ward and my OH gave jack his firt feed at 4 am....he went home and me and Jac had a sleep.

For my waters to go naturally...i didnt expect all this to happen.....but somehow i expected the c-section once nothing was happening on the monday and how slow things were on the drip.
I wished i hadn't had to go thjough all the paint o have a section.....but all that really matters is that Jac is here safe and sound and doing really well...he has his mothers appetite. At over 5 weeks old he's gone from 7lb 15 1/2 oz to 10lb 13ox.:muaha:

Here are some pics of him from hospital.

4.30am (approx 1 1/2 hours old!!)
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/Photo-0012.jpg

12.30pm (approx 10 hrs old)
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/Jac%20Ynyr/P1010086.jpg

2 weeks old
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/pengiun77/Jac%20Ynyr/P1010127-Copy.jpg

xxx

He is gorgeous hun xx
Lovely story xox

Congratulations he is beautiful x

Lovely and a good lot of hair :) well done

xxx

Lovely and a good lot of hair :) well done

xxx

Funny you mention that....a lot of it has fallen out now....you never know it might grow back blue or something :rofl::rofl:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->