Introducing Madeleine May Barlow...

Louise-B

Mummy to Kitty + preg
Reaction score
Hello ladies

Well, our little girl arrived two weeks ago tomorrow, so I thought I should get around to posting her birth story...

Madeleline May Barlow ("Maddie") arrived on Wed 7 September at 18:54, after a quick 3.5 hour labour, weighing 6lbs 14oz.

I had been given a sweep by my midwife on Tuesday 6 Sept at my routine appointment at 39+5, and at that sweep she told me I was 2-3cms dilated and my membranes were bulging, which was good news - she said that I'd probably go into labour in the next couple of days. I felt a bit uncomfortable and crampy over the next few hours, but that subsided overnight and Wednesday morning started as a normal day.

At about 3:30pm, I started getting a few twinges and crossed my fingers that this was it. At about 3:45, the twinges had already become quite painful and were about 5 minutes apart. My 2.5 year old daughter was in full bossy mode (telling me to play here, do this, sing that song, read me that book) which took my mind off it for a bit, but at about 4pm I texted my husband to ask him to come home from work promptly that evening because I expected to go to the hospital that evening.

Just fifteen minutes later, the contractions were coming every 3 minutes or so and my mum, who was with me, started getting nervous! I rang hubby and said that he should come right away because this labour seems to be going fast!

He arrived home at around 5pm, we grabbed the bags, said a quick goodbye to our daughter and then set off for the hospital.

We got to triage dept at the hospital just after 6pm, when the contractions were barely a minute apart. The lady took one look at me and called for a delivery suite right away. I was in the delivery room at 6:10pm, and got given gas and air (thank goodness). I was asked to get onto the bed and as I was doing so, the midwife asked if my waters had broken. I was just about to say "no, not yet" when....GUSH....there they went, all over the floor. Lovely!!

Several pushes later, Madeleine arrived at 18:54. Her head was perfectly round and covered in black hair. My first thoughts were that she looked completely different to her big sister, mainly because Maddie had some fat on her, whereas Kitty was a little bird (she weighed barely 5lbs). Maddie weighed 6lbs 14oz, and is absolutely perfect.

I was so glad that we made it to the hospital in time, and that the labour was straightforward. No tears or stitches required, and I have felt so well since the birth - no soreness, no hormones/baby blues, nothing. Nothing but happiness that our little family is now complete. Maddie is very well behaved, she is feeding about every 3 hrs, except at night when she feeds when we go to bed at around 11pm, wakes once for a feed at around 3.30 and that is her done until the morning. Fingers crossed this continues!

Maddie at 2 days old
https://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb381/kittyandmaddie/Pics074a.jpg

Maddie at 12 days old
https://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb381/kittyandmaddie/Pics200.jpg

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations :)

Ahh congratulations, what a beautiful baby girl you have. Thanks for sharing your story, hope my labour is that quick!!

What a great birth and beautiful baby!!! Congrats :D xxx

congrats u must be so proud, shes gorgeous!

Huge congrats hun... what a lovely birth story... and an adorable little girl!!!! Yay YOU!

Congratulations! She is beautiful!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->