Introducing myself and a little question

mumandco

Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm Emma and I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby :) I had a hospital birth with ds1 and had to be induced at 42+1 labour was going well but his heart rate was dropping.i reached 10cm but still had a lip of cervix there. They took blood from ds1 head which showed his oxygen was really low. I was immediately taken down to theatre for a c-sec and given an epidural. I ended up having a ventouse delivery. Ds1 came out blue but after a bit of oxygen he was lovely and pink.
I ended up having an infection which paralysed my bladder I had to stay in hospital for 5days until I discharged myself in the end.

Ds2 I went into labour a day before my due date contractions started at 7am waters broke at 11am at home and the we headed to the hospital at about 11.30. Arrived at the hospital at 12 and was taken straight into a room where they checked me and I was 8cm dilated. 35mins later ds2 was born.

So after my quick and easy labour after ds2 I decided a homebirth Is definitely something I and my oh would like.

So that's me sorry its long x

Here's the little question I know the me come out to the house at 36 weeks to do a home check what do they actually check an what is discussed in this appointment?

I'm getting really nervous as we need to move house and we could be moving as late as me being 34weeks pregnant

Thanks very much:thumbup:

They aren't coming to check your house - usually they bring the kit, go over when and who to phone, reasons they would like you to transfer in, answer any questions.....nothing scary at all! xxx

Ahhh I see thanks for clearing that up for me booflebump feel like I can relax a little now :) x

They did a couple of visits for me. One was to look at the layout of my house and check that I wasn't living in squalour or something I suppose.... They left a big box of Stuff and gave me a list of things they would like me to have on hand on the day. A couple of clear and flat surfaces, a torch, a liner for my pool.... She also gave suggestions where to put the pool ("there would be better bc that place is a bit close to all those wires and plugs...") The only scary part was when she was talking about accessibility "if we have to transfer you...." and I was like WHAT?! Is that LIKELY?! At the time it made me nervous and put a damper on my excitement, but in hindsight I can appreciate that she was just being thorough!

Mine are always in my home, but the house check is so they get to see it and get a feel of your home and space.

Fingers crossed that the house will be in tip top shape when she calls as like I said we will be moving out between 30 and 34 weeks we should be ok though x

Thanks for the replies x x

My assessment was done with the SoM at 30wks. The last time I planned a hb the mw just did my assessment asked where I planned to birth, access for ambulance, hot running water, toilet etc.

There's been no mention of a mw coming since and afaik they don't drop kits off anymore, just bring it all with them

My assessment was done with the SoM at 30wks. The last time I planned a hb the mw just did my assessment asked where I planned to birth, access for ambulance, hot running water, toilet etc.

There's been no mention of a mw coming since and afaik they don't drop kits off anymore, just bring it all with them

This is a question you should ask your caregiver. Don't be afraid to ask anything at all. You can even call and ask this question on the phone.

I would usually phone and ask my midwife as I've seen the same one for my other 2 pregnancies but she's on sick for another 1-2 months so I have a new one who isn't used to being a community midwife and I don't really find her all that good tbh she was prepared to prescribe me antibiotics that weren't safe to take whilst breastfeeding (STil bf ds2).
I see her again in 2 weeks so I will raise the subject but not holding out much hope.

Thanks for all your replies x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->