Introducing myself, never thought I'd be here!

Fezzie

Reaction score
Hello,

After months of online stalking of various TTC forums (and getting depressed seeing everyone else's BFP results on the regular sites), I thought I'd join you lovely ladies. I know I can feel safe expressing myself here, and no one will tell me to "relax/stop trying so hard". My Mom is the worse: apparently I am preventing myself from becoming pregnant because I am stressing about it. Feels awesome to be told it is your fault!

We've been trying for baby # 2 for eight months now. My first baby was a wonderful *surprise* and we were so proud about how "super fertile" we were. Maybe this is karma for our bragging. I'm 32 and my hubby is 38, so I didn't think we were that old, but we're going to see my family dr next month. I have no idea what they'll do or say. I have mentioned that I spot for a few days, then nothing, then finally my period (and that has only happened since I gave birth to #1) but the dr thinks that's OK. Perhaps I am grasping at straws, and hoping its a quick fix to be able to conceive.

I am sure I ovulate, I have an approximate 32d cycle, and that profuse CM everyone talks about. We have tried several methods to conceive: every second day around expected OV, twice a week for the whole month. I feel so bad to admit that I now hate sex. It is such a chore. We have stopped coming home from work at lunchtime to try, and I no longer hold legs up in the air or anything like that. I think I'm starting to give up.

My son asks if there's a baby in my belly often as many of my friends are or were recently pregnant. I was an only child and I am heartbroken to think I can't offer him a sibling; I think it's a lonely existence. My husband often tells me he thinks our family isn't complete until we have another.

Anyways, apparently now I am relying on superstition: I hope by writing this email, I will be blessed with a BFP. I'd like to find others that are going through this, especially the TTC and then the two week wait. I have spent so much money on pregnancy tests I should have bought a supplier. And every time AF comes, I test anyway, thinking maybe its just implantation bleeding. Quite delusional!

I hope that each and every one of us has a fruitful year, and that we find the strength and resolve to carry on through the ups and downs of TTC.

Thanks for listening.

Hi, I just joined too.

I can relate to a lot of what you said. My first (16 months) was a surprise too, so I didn't think I'd be in this boat of having issues with TTC #2.

Don't know what to say, just chin up. I don't have any cycles since baby so at least you've got that going for you, I'm a little jealous because my body isn't even giving me the chance to REALLY try to get preggo! LOL

Do you do OPKS/charting at all?

That can be good to find out if you're ovulating when you think...

Tried pre-seed or anything?

I really hope you can get your BFP soon. I don't know if you're religious, but I have to have faith that it will happen in time (if God's will) even though it's hard because EVERYONE else is getting pregnant.

I am just thinking WHY do we have to be the ones to struggle???

It's not fair. Pout.

Sorry, don't mean to be a drag :flower:

Hi GabesMommy,

I haven't done any charting of temps or using OPK kits (wow they're expensive!) but I may start doing so if this cycle (#9) doesn't end up in a BFP. I don't use pre-seed because I find I have a tonne of EWCM (gross, I know). What sucks is that we are running out of time because I'm going back to school and so this month really has to be it! No pressure though, right, lol.

From what I remember it can take a few months for your body to start having regular cycles after weaning. How long has it been? I wonder if there's anything you can take to "jump start" it, so to speak.

Just found out yet another one of my friends got pregnant, second cycle. Happy for them but she asked me when we were going to have another and all I could say is "we're trying our hardest!"

Maybe this month you'll have AF visit.

Hi GabesMommy,

I haven't done any charting of temps or using OPK kits (wow they're expensive!) but I may start doing so if this cycle (#9) doesn't end up in a BFP. I don't use pre-seed because I find I have a tonne of EWCM (gross, I know). What sucks is that we are running out of time because I'm going back to school and so this month really has to be it! No pressure though, right, lol.

From what I remember it can take a few months for your body to start having regular cycles after weaning. How long has it been? I wonder if there's anything you can take to "jump start" it, so to speak.

Just found out yet another one of my friends got pregnant, second cycle. Happy for them but she asked me when we were going to have another and all I could say is "we're trying our hardest!"

Maybe this month you'll have AF visit.
Wow, it looks like neither of us are getting much love from the old folks on here! :cry:
LOL

Yeah IDK what's going on with me. It's been over 4 months since we weaned, and before that we were only doing 1-2 feedings a day for over a month, and before that maybe 3 a day for a few months, so basically I was down to 3 feeds or less for the last 8 months and still nothing. I'm starting to think I must be infertile as long as I'm overweight :( I'm trying to diet, and I SWEAR I'm not eating enough to maintain this weight (2400 calories is the BMR, what my body would need to just lie in bed all day!) cuz I'm running around after my toddler and stuff, so I have no idea- it must be PCOS screwing my body up :shrug:

That's good on the EWCM though! It's better to have too much than too little!

Speaking of, can I ask you? I started keeping track of CM/CP/temp about a week ago and I started with dry/scant/sticky for a few days, then it started getting plentiful and "lotiony" but not EW, had that for two days or so, then it went abundant but more sticky/clumpy, then back to kinda sticky/not very much for a few days. Now today i noticed a lot of CM when I checked my CP (which has went from low to mid to higher to mid back to low again) but it seemed kinda sticky but it was also stretchy- like, really stretchy- but I don't think that's EW cuz it wasn't slippery or "lube-y" like they say.

Have you ever heard of that? I think my body must be trying to get somethign started....my temps have been pretty stable too, not that I think they're all that accurate yet (I have a dry mouth in the morning and think it affects the temp)- but I swear I had ovary pain during the time I had more lotiony CM but not a single positive OPK and it never progressed further than that- maybe it was a "false start"....

How long have you been trying for number 2?

And I know you're wanting it this month, but you know, just KNOW that you'll get pregnant the second it's not convenient :winkwink: thats how it goes, right? LOL

nevermind, I see where you say you're on cycle #9

That's a DUH on my part :)

Hello again!

PCOS sounds very frustrating! I admit I don't know a lot about it. I'm not an EWCM expert, but I'd say that on the later days when its the most abundant and stretchy is what I would guess to be the stuff dreams are made of, so to speak! I think the stretch is the key, because it means its thinned out enough to offer a nice moist and pH buffered environment that is easy for the sperm to swim in. Sperm need water. Stretchy CM meets their needs. Make sense? But I often have a few times in the month where my CM is more abundant, so it can definitely get confusing, I just couple it with any ovary pain I'm having. Although, tbh the last few months I've been getting pains throughout my cycle, where my ovaries have been. Wondering if its just gas though, or a cyst or two. I've had some pains in the past but when the did U/S they said that although I had cysts on my ovaries, they were small and shouldn't be giving me any trouble.

As far as your weight is concerned, I've only ever heard of trouble conceiving based on being underweight.....?! So maybe this will be your lucky month :)

And yes, no love for us from the oldies!! Now, we were going to BD every second day, and DH is upstairs passed out already, so guess it'll be a 3 day interval.

Hey girlies
i am 26 with a daughter aged 5 n half by a previous partner,
my now partner has a child also and we have been trying since my depo injection ran out in march 2010.
i know how sh*t it feels when people tell you not to panic but medically if you under about 30 i think it normal to take up to a year, longer if you been on contraception and if you over 30 in england they say to see doc after 6 months.
i have been through months of depression over this but seem to have come out the other side and accepted gonna have to go to doc and get me minnie poked n prodded n try see what going on.
asked for an up to date u/s scan few months back but was told no as the one i had july 11 was all normal/healthy. Last couple weeks have been in agony (suspect one of my evil cysts i get sometimes is making a nuiscance of itself but regarding this as somewhat of a blessing coz means have to have an u/s scan) :)
I was following an awesome two week wait thread but as most of them were joining n leaving with their bfps realised i ought to make the move to shift on over to lttc and found secondary infertility so here i am lol.
kinda new to this side of things tho, ne ideas bout 1st steps to finding out why no baby in the baby purse? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->