~*~Introducing myself~*~

Smile181c

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
Hey I've been reading these threads for a little while now and I've decided that I may as well take the leap and introduce myself on here :)

My name's Chloe and my OH's name is Matt. We've been together for just over 3 years now and although we're only young (I'm almost 19 and Matt's almost 20) we're certain that children are gonna be a part of our future together.

I don't know if it's necessary but I just feel the need to explain that we're not naive or thinking about babies as 'toys' cause that's not the case at all. I know that a lot of people have a certain way of judging people that still have 'teen' on the end of their age (not saying I've met anyone on here like that yet though!). We live together in our own flat, we own our own car and we both work full time.

Anyhow back to the subject :) I hope that none of you mind me posting a thread on here but I don't think I'm allowed to post on the teen section as I'm not actually pregnant...

Thanks for reading if you actually got this far!! :p

xx Chloe xx​

Hi sweetie

You are over 18, so you can go say to the girls in the teen section no problem. BnB just doesnt support anyone under 18 WTT or TTC, thats all. Hope you enjoy your stay with us here!

xxx

Welcome hun! Course you wont be judged in here and dont feel you have to explain yourself :) xxx

Thankyou for replying :) and I didn't realise that about the teen bit. I think the wording of the rules probably made it seem like you couldn't post in there unless you were pregnant! When are you guys going to TTC? xx

Hey welcome to bnb :) there are plenty of teens who aren't pregnant who go on the teen page :)
I hated 19 too, I'm 20 now but always felt more mature etc, everyone going out drinking and all I care about Is getting my degree out of the way and being able to save for a baby.. What I can't understand is people turning 20 then calling it twenteen?!? Why would anyone want to have teen on the end when they don't have to ha :p
So you're ntnp now? When u officially starting ttc?xxxx

Yeah I've seen, but someone always tells them some reason why they can't be there lol so was just being careful :)

I've always been a lot more mature for my age too. I don't really like going out and getting wasted (obvz I let my hair down occasionally) and I'm like the only one out of all of my friends that wants a baby in the near future. Although saying that, I'm also the only one out of all of them that lives with their partner, drives and has a full time job lol each to their own in my opinion though! Haha I know what you mean about the tweenteen thing, I can't wait to not have teen on the end of my age lol

Tbh we don't really have an official TTC date we've both just said if it happens, it happens at the moment. I think Matt is still a bit too afraid at the idea of a baby to put an official date on it but he says he knows that we're in a good place if we found out we were expecting. What about you? xx

June 2011 :) not trying atm as we're still at uni, graduating this summer :) then oh (also a matt lol) wants to join the police, and he's just having to apply literally anywhere in the country that's taking on.
I don't even dare tell my friends that I'm planning on ttc next year, I mentioned it to my closest n she was rather shocked to say the least lol, esp since we're not planning on getting married until we've had 2 (wanting 4:) ) xxxx

I'm in the same position! I'm 22, and people say to me that I'm too young to want a baby! I just ignore them. I'm not fussed about going out and getting drunk every night, i do let my hair down too though, I just want to start our family! I have only told one friend and only because she has one and is preg with #2 and so she understands! All my other friends would just say are you crazy or something similar! So it doesn't get any better in your early twenties am afraid lol. We are going to TTC July 2011 so I will be almost 24, OH will be 25. His mum has stated she doesn't want to be a grandma until she's 50! She's 45 now so tough lol. As long as we're all happy it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks :) xxx

Its pretty cool that you have it in the pipeline though isn't it? I don't like the view society has on younger people having or wanting children.

What are you doing at uni? xx

By younger, I mean like people our age. I kind of understand the view when it's like 13 year olds having kids. But like I said - each to their own :) x

Its pretty cool that you have it in the pipeline though isn't it? I don't like the view society has on younger people having or wanting children.

What are you doing at uni? xx

Totally agree with you!

I've only ever told my friend that has a baby already and that was only in a jokey way cause of the look she gave me! Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed to want a baby but I also don't want the looks or comments especially as I'm not even trying! I had a scare a couple of months back and my mum was like "you don't want a baby this side of 20, trust me I know" (she had me when she was 17). And I just say back to her "yeah but your situation and mine are completely different, you were single, living at home and you had no money to save etc. I think some people just don't take the time to look at you completely. They just look at your age and think "nope they'd be bad parents" (Didn't mean to offend anyone btw) xx

Hey and welcome :) We are trying in 4 months :)

I agree. Another reason I haven't told anyone of our intentions is because we had a MMC in Jan 09, so I don't really want to let anyone know when we are trying as it's just added pressure if you get me? I'm not ashamed either though Ive always wanted them young so why on earth not?! X

Hey Damita :) good luck! Will this be your first?

Yeah i've always wanted to be a young mum too. My mum did so well with me considering her age and I love having a mum that I can gossip with etc she's like another friend now i'm this age! Obvz when I was young she didn't treat me like a friend lol she was just 'mum' lol xx

I've always been a lot more mature for my age too. I don't really like going out and getting wasted (obvz I let my hair down occasionally) and I'm like the only one out of all of my friends that wants a baby in the near future. Although saying that, I'm also the only one out of all of them that lives with their partner, drives and has a full time job lol each to their own in my opinion though! Haha I know what you mean about the tweenteen thing, I can't wait to not have teen on the end of my age lol

Hello love,

you sound a lot like me!

My friends think im insane to want a baby so badly, im the only one with a long term partner, drives and has a full time job! :)

Im also 19 and will be 20 on 18th May...i cant wait to say goodbye to my tennage years!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->