• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Introducing myself..

Redfroggy

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Laurie and I am very new here. I am 39 years old (40 in 1 month) and happily married for almost 2 and a half years. We want a baby desperately. It's at the point with me where the pain I feel when my period arrives is almost unbearable. I have not used birth control in 3 years but with our living situation (it was quite stressful and not private at all) we could not be classified as truly TTC until June of this year though we've been hoping that it would 'just happen' for a while.

I've been charting since July and it is quite clear that I have 34 days cycles and I ovulate at around day 17 (please forgive my lack of all the fancy abbreviations, I'm not familiar with all of them).

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. Maybe the joy of knowing some of you have been successful and the hopefulness I can get from that. But also, I know you can understand what I'm feeling that one day of the month when you know what you want hasn't come to you this time. I have friends that I can talk to, but sometimes you need an audience of people who really, truly understand.

With that said, my chart is looking weird this month. My post-ovulation temps fluctuated wildly these last few days. I'm posting a link if anyone is interested in taking a peek and giving me some feedback.

Well, I guess that's about it. Thanks for indulging me and I'll be back soon. :)

Oops.. totally forgot this!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/cg/index.php?c=add&sub=keywords&Cycle=2010-09-22&Action=Next

Sorry. :)

Oh, and if anyone can direct me to a legend of abbreviations, I'll be all proper next time I post. ;)

Hey Redfroggy and welcome! If you look on the bnb home page in the first section there is a part that tells you all the abbreviations (I still have to go and check what lots of things mean)
This forum is full of really wise and supportive ladies and you're right, sometimes its really good to share your worries with people who know what you're going through - or just people who you don't have to see every day!

Welcome! I'm 38 and we're on our 10th month of TTC. I know that horrible feeling every month when AF (Auntie Flow) arrives! I've found this forum to be really helpful, there's definitely lots of others on here to share the joys and pains of TTC! :hugs:

Welcome Redfroggy!! I'm also new here. Totally understand the heartache each month when af arrives. Hopefully we can find the support here to get us through the highs and lows of ttc. Wishing you good luck. Xx

Hi Redfroggy and welcome

Ull fit right in here cos we are all in the same boat..this site is so useful for info which is the main reason i use it to be honest, but also the ladies are loverly.

Btw ur chart link brings up my own chart rather than urs..i think u need to put ur own chart id in the link x

Thank you, everyone who welcomed me. I have noticed how friendly people are around here and it's great! I hope I'll fit in well. :)

Serendippy, I think I fixed it but it may just be that it's still linking to one's own chart and it shows mine because, well, it's mine.

Now to figure out how to display a signature. :p

Welcome Redfroggy :hi:

I've been on this site for a couple of months and have found it really helpful to be able to chat about things with others who are going through the same thing. I don't know about you, but I don't really know anyone in my circle of friends/family who have had any trouble conceiving, so I just feel that the ladies on here understand so much more.

I am 36 and ttc our first. Been with my OH for nearly 3 years. Similar to you, I have not used any protection for nearly 2 years but only 'actively' started ttc around March this year.

Best of luck for your :bfp: soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->