Introducing not so little Alfie!!

palmtree123

Reaction score
Born Wednesday 26th January at 01.54am. Well better late than never eh? lol!

I'll try to keep my birth story as brief as possible :winkwink:

So contractions started mildly on the saturday evening, nothing to much to complain about, just went about my business. On Sunday morning woke up and they where stronger and more regular and I kept feeling like I needed to poo. So obviously I crapped myself (excuse the pun) because it was my first baby and I didnt have a clue and friends had kept telling me that when your about to push you feel like you wanna poo...so I was worried that the baby was gonna fall out of my vagina before I made it to the hospital lol (naive I know).

So went to the hospital to be told that my cervix was posterior and only a fingertip dilated (which dishearted me to say the least because at my sweep 5 days previous I was told I was 2-3cm dilated and 50% effaced). Went home and went for a long walk with my husband and dog to see if that helped things and then ended up back at the hospital at 11pm to be told I was 2-3cm dilated but cervix still thick and to go home and to try and get some sleep.

After some sleep with minimal disturbance from contractions I woke up on Monday morning to find that they had completely disappeared...gutted!! :dohh: So I took the dog out for a long walk in the hope that it would kick start things again and it sure did.

At 9pm ish that evening I decided we needed to go back to the hospital to be checked because they where fairly regular and I was still feeling like I needed to poo constantly. When I was examined I was 2-3cm and 50% effaced again but sent home. When I spoke to the MW and described the pooing sensation she said that it sounds like your baby is lying back to back so to go home and try and get it to turn.

After hours of agonising pain the anxiety started to kick in and we went back up to the hospital at 4am ish to be told that I was 4cm and they werent going to send me home yay :thumbup:

So after a stint on the maternity ward to measure baby's HR (my BP was high every time I went up to the hospital but came down gradually) I was sent to the home from home suite for what I hoped would be a natural birth with minimal intervention.

I was examined at 11.30am and was still 4cm dilated. Went onto gas and air at 1.30pm (loved it) and reexamined at 3.30pm when I was 5-6cm dilated. At that point I got into the water for pain relief and what I hoped would be a water birth. At 6.30pm the pain was getting all too much so I asked the MW to examine me because I felt I needed some drugs. I was still 6cm dilated :cry: and baby was still back to back.

At that point I was taken upto the delivery suite and hooked up to the remifentinol (sp). My waters where broken and I went straight to 8cm dilated. After labouring on that for 4hrs I was examined at 11.30pm and still 8cm. I was so so tired at this point.

The dr said we'll give it another hour and if your havent progressed we'll have to call it a day. I was like what do you mean are you just going to stop the contractions and leave the baby in there lol.

So my first thought was thank God this is gonna be over soon...my second thought was you bitch you're going to let me labour for another hour before cutting it out of me! lol!! I then just got really overwhemed and upset because we'd gone through so much to end up with the possibility of a section.

So low and behold I hadnt progressed so I was whisked away to theatre for an emergency C section where my healthy 10lb 2oz baby boy was born!!! Everyone was shocked at the size, I kept being told I would have a big baby but no one thought he'd be that big lol.

So sorry it wasnt a brief wee story, unfortunately it was just one of those births that had quite a lot going on lol!!

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 004 (2) - Copy.jpg
    004 (2) - Copy.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Baby Alfie 053.jpg
    Baby Alfie 053.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 018 (2).jpg
    018 (2).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 21
what a wee cutie ! he was worth the wait ! well done x

The weights in those gorgeous chubby cheeks :kiss::hugs:

Congratulatons :flower::flower::flower:

Hes gorgeous!! Well done becoming mummy to Alfie! X

he's really cute :flower: and what a great weight too! congrats hun :)

OMG He is beautiful! Congrats xx

Congratulations!
I love your LO's expression in the 1st picture x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back