introducing solids...any advice?

fashionlover

Reaction score
I am going to start introducing solids as my baby is 6 months now. I still want to exclusively breastfeed and have read about how to keep solids as a supplement to breast milk. Just wondering about what sort of feeding schedule to adopt? any advice?:thumbup:

I am going to start introducing solids as my baby is 6 months now. I still want to exclusively breastfeed and have read about how to keep solids as a supplement to breast milk. Just wondering about what sort of feeding schedule to adopt? any advice?:thumbup:

Start very slowly, there's no rush. :flower:

Offer the breast first before offering solids to ensure baby is still getting enough milk. :thumbup: Start with one meal (I'd choose the time of day when you're most likely to be at home and un-rushed. :thumbup: Offer small amounts at this mrsl time over the course of a week or more until you reach "full" portion size. Once there then slowly introduce the next meal too etc etc until you're at 3 meals. Snacks can then be introduced to to experiment with different flavors, textures etc but just remember that food is for fun before 1 year - milk is the main priority. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->