Introducing story to bedtime routine

leannehurren

Reaction score
At what age did you start doing this and was it after / before milk?

Lately caleb has been going mad in the bath and then takes around half hour to self settle in his cot. I thought that a quiet story / lullaby might help him wind down.

Just wondered what others do - caleb is almost 6 months

i take charlie upstairs at 8, change his bum, put his pjs on and sing to him with the lights on low so he's away from the tv and any stimulation for a while. I then breastfeed him at about 8.30ish. Whilst i'm feeding him (he lies on a pillow on my lap) hubby reads him a bedtime story. We've only just started this, and apart from last night when not even a sedative could have gotten him to sleep it's worked well! Xx

I change Stephen about half 8, (bottle at about 8) then we get into bed and at the moment I read him a few pages of Harry potter - he may be 3 months so a bit young for HP but he just likes listening to me and he does look at the pages so he's paying attention :) then as he's falling asleep I turn the light off and leave him :)

I do baby massage with Evan after his bath as he gets all excited :D It really calms him down :) I also read him a story, after his milk if he isn't asleep already. I sing him Old MacDonald aswell :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->