Introduction, and some advice for a worried first time mommy please!

whosthebaby

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am super excited to be a part of this forum, you all seem so supportive and helpful! I am currently 5weeks+5 days with my first pregnancy and I wanted to ask you some advice as I cant seem to stop myself from worrying!.
I live in Spain but I am originally from the UK so the way they do things here is a little bizarre, when I found out I was expecting my fiance and I went straight to our local clinic for what I was expecting would be a chat, perhaps some blood/urine samples and medical history discussions. This didnt happen, she went straight in to give me a trans v ultrasound where she proceeded to tell me I have a cyst on my right ovary (apparently a good sign) but no sign of yolk, sac etc in my uterus... She said this would probably be too early and you dont usually see anything (made me wonder why she did the ultrasound in the beginning!) She left it at that and has told me to return in two weeks, I won't be .. I have made an appointment in 3 weeks at a different doctor.

So I guess my question is, has anyone else had no signs of baby at 5 weeks with transv ultra? The whole experience really upset me and I find myself taking a test everyday now just to see if I am still pregnant!
The only symptoms I seem to have are metallic taste, sore nipples and back and stomach cramps, no bleeding!

Thank you in advance for your help!

We saw a 'possible' sac with an internal scan at 5 weeks 5 days. No yolk sac or baby. The scan before had showed nothing- they even told me I wasn't pregnant!
I'm sure at the next scan you'll see a lovely bBy with a strong heartbeat

Thanks LoraLoo, I am just wrecking myself with nerves.. she just told me to be careful of an ectopic pregnancy and what with this back ache and sometimes left sided pain (not unbearable or accompanied by bleeding) I feel like I am just waiting for something bad to happen.

Did they do any bloodwork?
I had really bad cramps with all of mine on the first few weeks. I think it can be normal. Hopefully it's just your baby getting nestled in and everything stretching snd relaxing. I know it's hard not to worry x

No, no blood work or anything.. not even an offer! It wasnt until I started looking up what usually happens with first doctors meetings that I realised how strange mine had been.

I will definitely get some blood work done on the 12th when I visit a new hospital.

Yes, I'm hoping its a case of the baby making itsself nice and comfy.. I feel like I am getting more symptoms now.. yesterday I opened a pack of sandwich turkey to make hubby a sandwich and nearly thew up because of the smell! .. He wasn't impressed, but I'm taking this as a good sign hehe x :)

I would say try not to worry. Unless there is a problem or you're having fertility treatment, in the UK they don't do scans before about 12 weeks because there is very little to see early on and it just causes panic. If you're getting a positive pregnancy test, I would assume you're pregnant and enjoy the moment and try not to stress about it all.

I live in Switzerland and it's similar, but they do advise that there isn't much point going in before about 8 weeks. In the UK you wouldn't be seen for bloods, urine and chat until around 8 to 10 weeks either. Think you were just a bit early. Hopefully see a healthy baby at next appointment! X

Wayyy to early!! You could be off a few days and only be like 4 weeks and a few days!! I would completely forget that ultrasound!! I first saw all my babies at almost 6 weeks! Congratulations btw!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!!

Hi guys

I went back today and my hcg is only 806.. They say they are extremely low and I have to go back on Friday! I am so worried I am going to miscarry :'(

Did you see a gestational sac? A scan at less than 6 weeks is often absolutely pointless. I wish they hadn't put you through that.

Hold tight until you get that repeat test. What matters is that the hcg is doubling in 48-72 hours. The initial number on its own is not very meaningful without comparison.

https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/ You're not really even out of range for less than 6 weeks. Hopefully just a slow starter.

Hi Annie,

The paperwork I have from the hospital gives a different range for 5 weeks.. It's 2000-5000 I think... Very high either way.

No they didn't see a sac, nothing.. Just a cyst on my ovary which is apparently good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->