Intrusive thoughts are ruining my life.

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
I moved away from my hometown about a year ago to temp accommodation due to our landlord losing our house. It was fine, and last Nov we were rehomed in the same place but a council flat. I didn't especially want to live there, but we had no choice but to take it or lose our housing points.

Things were actually ok there until Feb, when some kids started hanging around our flat entrance and rining the buzzer til late at night. When I was younger my family suffered quite bad harrassment. The kids hanging around brought all these bad memories back and I used to have frequent panic attacks thinking they were victimising us and I wasn't safe. I used to obssessively check out the window making sure that they weren't near us and used to dread going home at night. I'd keep all the blinds closed and freak if I seen ANY kids out in the street.

This has went on for a while, up until last month my best friends Uncle offered us his flat back home. It was bigger, with a garden and near my family. I was so excited to be getting home and to feel relaxed again.

We were scheduled to move Sunday past (yday) but my bf found out he had to work so we had to move last Mon, which gave us two days to pack and go.

We moved last Mon, and the first night was so cold in the house to me, although my bf didn't think so. The next day I was confused to why this was. And ever since I've become obsessed that the house is cold. Our last flat was only 10 years old and was so warm. We were upstairs and it was a smaller flat also. This one is a downstairs 50's stone built one.

Everytime I am in the house I think I am cold. It is 30 degrees sometimes and I still feel cold. I don't physically feel or show any signs of cold but I get a feeling I am. Especially in our bedroom. I ask everyone constantly if they are cold, which they aren't and this makes me feel panicky.

On top of this, a few of my friends have asked how the new house is, as you do. I have mentioned it being cold and they have said 'oh maybe it's haunted' off the cuff and jokingly Ihave since found out but I have now got it into my head the place is haunted and thats why the room is cold. But cause only I feel cold it's just me thats getting haunted. I know the old man who lived there before us never died there, but he lived with his mum and I'm convinced she did and our room is hers and thats why shes haunting me. Even writing this I am on the edge of a panic attack.

I have walked out of the house twice in the last two days leaving my bf there. He can't deal with me like this and I don't blame him.

I am now worried I am being possessed, and will I hurt my daughter, will I never be happy and live my normal life again? I am at my mums and I can't get it out of my head, ever. I only get peace when I sleep.

I haven't eaten for a week, I got sent home from work in tears as it was all I could focus on, I've lost a stone, I'm missing college.

Part of me knows I'm being ridiculous but I can't stop obsessing over it. it's ruining my life. All I'm doing is crying.I don't think I even believe in ghosts that much but my mind is in over drive.

What do I do??

I think you are struggling, understandably, with the recent upheavals in your life. Your first best start is your GP. if you explain to them how you feel. Even print off and take with you your post your GP will do things like take your blood pressure and test your blood sugar levels.

Low blood sugar can cause anxiety as well as stress and these things combined can make you feel dreadful and magnify any worries.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->