iPad 2 or 3?

teal

Reaction score
I'm considering buying an iPad :d I've noticed the iPad 2 has now dropped a bit in price with the new one being out. Is it worth paying the extra for the iPad 3?

Appreciate any advice since it's an expensive purchase :kiss: xx

I have a 2 and 3 and there's isn't a huge difference, just a few little things which are nice to have. The main things are the screen quality (tho I can't see a huge difference), and the camera is so much better with the 3. I haven't seen how much the 2 has dropped in price, but if there's not much in it I would just get the 3. However if its dropped quite a bit in price compared to the 3 then def get a 2, as I said, there's not a huge difference :) xx

Get the 3, the 3 has a higher grade processor (or something) than the 2. Like imagine the 2 is 5.1 and the 3 is the 6. I don't mean the OS as you can upgrade the 2 to the newest OS, but the actual hard drive is a different version, which to me says that sooner or later the OS will become too advanced for the 2 and you'll o ly go so far in way of updates etc. as a warning though, pics of yourself on the3 show ALL your sins as the Sven has more pixels than a HD TV lol xx

The 3 is miles ahead of the 2, i'd pay the extra if you can x

3, more and more apps will come out that will only work on the three or higher, if you can wait the iPad 4 will be out march i think so the three will be less.

I haven't noticed the 3 being any faster but maybe it is and I just haven't realised. But makes sense what everyone is saying! X

I agree with Nut shake - I have a 3 and my OH has a 2 and the only differences I have ever noticed are the camera and screen quality. I can only see the screen quality is any better on the 3 when I put them side by side, but the camera is miles better on the 3.

If you can afford it then get the 3 but the 2 is almost as good in my eyes.. depending on what you want to use it for!

If you can afford the 3, do it. It will have a better resale value if you ever want to upgrade

I would get the iPad 3- above posters are right, eventually apps will start coming out and they won't be compatible with iPad 2. I was going to buy the 2 shortly after the 3 came out- but there was only £90 difference so I just went with the 3- just had a google for you and its the same (16GB WiFi model)

No doubt I will sell my 3 to buy the 4 when it comes out :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->