Ipad left in Hotel Room

Zipp

Reaction score
Hi all,

Stupidly left my Ipad in the Hotel where I stayed last night. Panicked and forgot about the cloud tracker on it. Anyhow, just as I logged in into the cloud it was found woo hoo!! I am sooo lucky.

Just wondered what I should do about leaving a wee thank you for the person that found it. Would £40 be enough and a big basket of sweets as a token to anyone else who helped look.

Although I am slightly suss as I reported that I had left it in my room at 11am.
Phoned three times and drove back up to be told nope no sign of it. It was only 5 hours later when I was on the phone to a manaager to say I had located on the cloud that I was told it had just been found?!

I think that's more than a bit suss tbh. I reckon they were keeping it til you said you'd located it on cloud.

Haha caught out by the sounds of it....

Give them nothing, they were gonna keep it.

V xx

Definitely sounds like they had found it and planned on keeping it.

i wouldnt give them anything, they must have had your contact details and it would be highly unlikely that they never checked the room either during the course of housekeeping, or when you called the first time round

V xx

Yeah meant to also say not to give them a penny. Don't reward their dishonesty - they'd have kept that with no guilt whatsoever.

I'd even go in and say to them 'How amazing is this - that it couldn't be found and I thought it was lost forever but then it magically turned up!!' and watch them squirm:haha:

:blush:thanks girls, yeah I thought that.

Thought another side of me thinks it was my own stupidity in the first place, at the end of the day I had walked away without it. I would like to think it was me I would have handed it in but I would image it would be very tempting.

I might leave in £20 just incase I'm wrong. Plus it's a hotel that hubbys mum gives us vouchers for every year and I'd feel a bit cringy going back if I didn't!!

Moral of the story is I'll be telling all my friends to make sure they have icloud enabled on everything. It's amazing!! x

V xx

Yeah meant to also say not to give them a penny. Don't reward their dishonesty - they'd have kept that with no guilt whatsoever.

I'd even go in and say to them 'How amazing is this - that it couldn't be found and I thought it was lost forever but then it magically turned up!!' and watch them squirm:haha:

^^ Ha love it! Not ballsy enough to do it though! x

I wouldnt leave money. The person you give it to may not give it to the one that found it/was caught out :haha: :dohh: Maybe one of those big tins of chocolates would be better. Not too expensive but a token of appreciation all the same.

Give them F all lol. seems they were going to keep it, its like rewarding them for being caught out :) x

Am I the only person who thinks you don't need to buy people things if they find your lost stuff and return it? I find it so weird. It's like paying to get your stuff back.

Like when I see rewards offered for the safe return of things, I just get so annoyed. If you find something that doesn't belong to you then you should give it back and not expect compensation for deciding not to be a thief.

I work in a large hotel and the communications between front desk and housekeeping are never the best. We often have trouble quickly retrieving lost property but that in no way means Its sat there waiting to be kept by workers. just that they're extremely busy and often go home around the 4 o clock mark leaving an evening attendant who has no access to lost property. Guests are extremely demanding and often forget that it was their error in the first place!!!

Also you don't need to give them anything lost property is an everyday occurrence nothing special.

I work in a large hotel and the communications between front desk and housekeeping are never the best. We often have trouble quickly retrieving lost property but that in no way means Its sat there waiting to be kept by workers. just that they're extremely busy and often go home around the 4 o clock mark leaving an evening attendant who has no access to lost property. Guests are extremely demanding and often forget that it was their error in the first place!!!

Also you don't need to give them anything lost property is an everyday occurrence nothing special.

Well you see this was my thinking that at the end of the day it was my own stupidity for leaving it behind.

I ended up leaving £20 and a wee box of choc eggs, as it is nearly Easter. I kind of look it at as a wee thank you for the hassle and time spent looking for it rather than as a reward.

Well you see this was my thinking that at the end of the day it was my own stupidity for leaving it behind.

I ended up leaving £20 and a wee box of choc eggs, as it is nearly Easter. I kind of look it at as a wee thank you for the hassle and time spent looking for it rather than as a reward.

I wish all guests where as nice as you lol.

I had a woman call up the other day saying she'd left a msg with housekeeping and no one had got back to her she was demanding to know where her 'really expensive designer dress' was. i started to take some details asked when she left it her reply was .... 2009!!!!!

We're a hotel not a flipping museum.

'well surely you wouldn't just throw away a designer dress!!?!?!?'

'no we'd keep it for three months and then dispose of it your dress is clearly in Poland with some ex housekeeper':haha:

I had a woman call up the other day saying she'd left a msg with housekeeping and no one had got back to her she was demanding to know where her 'really expensive designer dress' was. i started to take some details asked when she left it her reply was .... 2009!!!!!

We're a hotel not a flipping museum.
Lol that is taking the piss. Has she only just decided she wants to wear it?

i think leaving a token gift or cash reward is quite nice if someone has found something and gone out of their way to return it

Oooh naughty. Yes I think you caught them out and they were planning on keeping it. I wouldn't give them anything. Pleased you got it back :)

you shouldnt give anything as a thanks, if you left in in your room then staff will have found it and should've handed it in straightaway.

we keep lost property for 60 days, then we bin it/chairty shop it. i got a full bottle of allure for OH and a brand new lacoste watch for me on our last lost prop chuck out! happy times x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->