Ipads

shorman

Mum to 2 girl and babyboy
Reaction score
Hi ladies so I am going to get my girls iPads as they alway are wanting to use mine then arguing who gets to use it so I am just thinking which wine to get defiantly not the mini even though that would be great price wise but my girls would notice the difference is size and want the same as me so question is should I get the iPad Air or be sneaky and get the 1pad 4 retina display? As that would save £ also should I get wifi plus 3G so they can use it anywhere or just wifi as again if I just get wifi that would save money, Bethany is going to be 5 in June And Caitlin will be 4 in August but she isn't as into the iPad as Bethany but my DH insisted they both get one but my 2 year old son is more into the iPad than Caitlin but I refuse to get him one as that is just to young I think, :dohh: advice appreciated :)

Personally I would get them one to share and wouldn't bother with 3G.

I had that idea but DH said it would be fair get them to share because again they would argue who gets it but I am not sure all that Caitlin is fussed about the iPad anyways, she will play with it occasionally but she loves her toys and books but DH doesn't want Caitlin to be upset if she doesn't get one Aswell lol daddy's and there daughters!

I would definitely just go with wifi only. I have an iPad mini and an old iPad 2. My son prefers the mini because it's smaller and easier to hold.

I would still say share but then I suppose that depends how much they'll be using it. I can't remember the last time my son asked for the iPad but when he does use it I'm quite strict with how long he's on it for. Could you just get one at first and see how they get on sharing and then you know could buy another one if you decide to do that?

I was thinking iPad mini but the girls have no trouble holding my big one and they like the bigger screen size for watching films and I have found some great kids cases :)

I would actually go for a Samsung Tablet. I have both and much prefer the Samsung.

I wouldn't bother with 3g. There are plenty of games you can play without internet.

Defiantly I could always download them the games and if we are somewhere without internet they could still play, also with sky go you can download films to watch without internet. I was reading a interesting article online about kids and ipads it seems to be quite a touchy debate, I suppose it's getting that's balance of not letting your child use it all the time but at the girls school they have ipads in the classroom which they get to use in some lessons and they take pictures and learn different educational things on them but probably most of Bethany's class have there own ipads anyway and no how to use them better than some of the teachers I would imagine

I would go with the wifi only as you can download games apps that can be used when you're out and about.
We use bbc iplayer to download shows that can then be watched in the car.
We don't allow her to use the iPad too often, but it's useful on long journeys when she gets frustrated in the car.

My girls are the same they hate going on long car journeys, I think the kids apps are brilliant I have loads now on my ipad, talking of tablets though I have always been a apple girl until recently now I am android girl and have the new sony Xperia Z phone and they have brought out a amazing tablet so thinking of selling my iPad and getting the sony tablet and my husband already has the very cool Microsoft laptop that you can use as a tablet.

I would get them one to share - the fact that they would have to share is a good thing (teach them to, if they don't already!), not a reason to spend extra money because they can't/won't.

I also wouldn't let them use them in the car. Have you seen what happens to stuff like that in an accident? The forces of a crash make things fly with such force - a flying iPad could probably kill an adult, let alone a child :(

They do share with other things and of course that's a great thing :) but I feel now there getting older it's nice to have there own things as there very close in age, I am not to worried about traveling in a car and using them I haven't heard of anyone having a accident and someone being hurt because they were using them I was at one point when I do get a car as I don't drive yet getting one with fitted TVs in them but that won't be for a while and the cases I have found are amazing the cover the whole ipad it's like rubber so it should if dropped be to much of a danger :)

I'd get one large iPad (and use yours) or two minis. In terms of weight Alex had more issues with a large because of the weight-two smashed iPads and a sliced toe after dropping it on her foot.

I sold my large for a mini and I do like it better in terms of transport

We got each of our children their own apart from eldest DD who wanted a kindle fire. We got the ipad air's with wifi and cellular and then we ended up removing the sims as they never used them out the house anyway and it saved me having to top them up :shrug: so in all honesty I wouldn't bother with cellular for children again :thumbup:

And whilst it was a big expense I am so glad I got them one each as before that they all shared mine and the arguments at times were unbearable as they are only allowed one hour per day on electrical items whether it be tablets, consoles or PC :flower:

Oh and invest in one of the military shock cases, they are about £12 on ebay but they are a full cover and screen protecter, not one of those sticky film ones but it makes the thing pretty indestructible.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Survivor...lePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item2a3264888b

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->