Irish Stew Recipe

raisin

Mom to 2 wonderful boys
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have a simple recipe for Irish stew that doesn't use Guinness or red wine?

Thanks!

I just use potatoes,steak pieces,carrots,onions and parsnip. Boil it up then simmer for as long as possible. I use the jelly knorr beef stock and mixed herbs. I have no quantities I just throw it in!

I always use this simple recipe, some people use lamb or beef chunks but I'm Northern Irish so this recipe is usually my tradition lol plus it's cheap and filling!

Minced Beef
Corned Beef (optional)
Potatoes
Carrots (can use other veg if you like)
An onion
Oxo Cube
Gravy Granules

Soften the chopped onion in a little oil, add the mince and cook until brown and sprinkle in an oxo cube. Add the potatoes & carrots and fill pot with water, season if you like. ( I usually guess how many potatoes and carrots to use) Bring to the boil then simmer until the potatoes and carrots are cooked and soft, stir occasionally throughout and if you are using the corned beef I usually add it half way through cooking. Once the stew is ready stir in some gravy granules until it thickens slightly then serve with crusty bread, yum!

I brown steak pieces, chuck them in with onions, carrots and potatoes. Add a beef oxo cube to boiling water making sure there's enough to cover the veg and bring to the boil. Then simmer for an hour or so and there you go. I find it takes yummiest the next day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->