iron levels?

rachael22

Reaction score
hiya ladies :)

i had blood tests about a month ago and when i rang for the results the lady said the doctor wants to see you just for a routine appointment to discuss my iron levels?

so today i went and the doctor asked all these questions is my periods heavy? am i vegeterian? do i have diarreah and i said no to them all, and he said my iron is a little on the low side but im not anemic? but hes put me on iron tablets 1 a day for 3 months and then go back and have it re-checked, im now concerd as when i was pregnant back last year my iron levels were 15.2 so i can they have dropped? he didnt mention what level it was at now just that i wasnt anaemic but still have to take these tablets for a while? i dont even feel all that tired!! :shrug:

have anyone else had this?

im racking my brains :shrug:

thanks for reading :)

I guess your level is probably between 10-12, its a good thing that they are being proactive, but if you don't want to take the tablets just try and vary your diet so you get things more naturally. That way you won't get any erm constipation :wacko::winkwink:

I had low iron levels a while back (but also had them during pregnancy) for me i wasn't eating enough high iron foods, ie red meat, cereals etc. xx

it was actually ferritin he tested for and he just said my iron was a little on the low side he said nothing about my hemaglobin? i dont eat enough cereals or maybe red meat once a fortnight and i definatley hardly eat veg unless its on a roast dinner :-/ maybe thats why xx

I had low iron levels a while back (but also had them during pregnancy) for me i wasn't eating enough high iron foods, ie red meat, cereals etc. xx

are your iron levels ok now? and was you on iron tablets when they was low? X

most woman at some point will get a little aneamic, its totally normal hun, nothing to worry about. Just increase what your eat in your diet, green leafy veg, creals etc, and take the iron, obviously if you do that and it continues to drop it could indicate a problem, but mostly likely its simply you havent been getting enough in your diet.

Good luck hun x

I thought 15 was good?! When I was pregnant they told me my iron levels should be between 11-15 (as they drop slightly when you're pregnant). My iron level at the appointment was at 8, so they put me on iron tablets. I'm still on those flipping iron tablet now! :grr:

I thought 15 was good?! When I was pregnant they told me my iron levels should be between 11-15 (as they drop slightly when you're pregnant). My iron level at the appointment was at 8, so they put me on iron tablets. I'm still on those flipping iron tablet now! :grr:

hi yes it was 15.2 when i was pregnant back last year :) but ive recently had my iron checked a year after having LO and the soctor said its slightly low but im not anemic :-/ so ive been out on 1 tablet a day and to have it re-checked in december. could i have been slightly low on iron since havin LO as i havent had my iron levels checked since having him a year ago? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->